Z-28 Kill

ford_lightning

Established Member
Z28 kill

I live in oklahoma in a small town where we drag race every weekend. I had recently just got a 2002 lightning. This guy has a z-28 with around 345hp, and he said it ran a mid 13. He kept asking me to race him, and all my friends told me i would get my ass smoked cuse it was a car and it weighed less. I am pushing out around 420hp . So finally i told him i would race him. We lined up and my friend flagged us. When we took off he hung with me till 60, then i began to leave him. When we crossed the finish i was about 3 truck lengths ahead of him, and rember he runs a mid 13. He told me he got a bad shit into second, so we lined up and raced again and same thing about 3 truck lenghts. So now i have the fastest truck in my town and its cool to have ppl come up every day and say hey i heard ure truck is fast as hell.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
[Z28muttering] ....something about Lightning never striking twice in the same place, can't be right:nonono: [/Z28muttering]

Well done.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Nice Kill! What do you have done to be pushing so much hp? What were the stock 02 Lightning hp #'s?

There are only 2 Camaro/Firebirds with that high of a hp rating. I believe the 2002 SS and the 2002 Firehawk. Even the ws-6 doesn't have that much hp. What does he have done? 2 very nice vehicles for kids in high school.

ford_lightning

Established Member
I am 17 the guy in the z28 is 25. The 02 hp is 385 stock. I have flowmaster, jdm flip chip , and clod air intake pushing around 420Hp. The guys in the z-28 (stock 275hp) had exhaust, cold air, chip, pulleys, throttle bodies and other stuff. ILL RACE THE GUY THAT TWAS IN ALTUS IF U WANT ILL MEET IN SHAWNEE

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
Originally posted by ford_lightning
I am 17 the guy in the z28 is 25. The 02 hp is 385 stock. I have flowmaster, jdm flip chip , and clod air intake pushing around 420Hp. The guys in the z-28 (stock 275hp) had exhaust, cold air, chip, pulleys, throttle bodies and other stuff. ILL RACE THE GUY THAT TWAS IN ALTUS IF U WANT ILL MEET IN SHAWNEE

NO way are you putting down 420 w/ just a cold air and chip and a flowfaster.... Your 02 is rated at 380 just as my 03.With all my mods I am not pushing quit 420 at the wheels...

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by H46D
NO way are you putting down 420 w/ just a cold air and chip and a flowfaster.... Your 02 is rated at 380 just as my 03.With all my mods I am not pushing quit 420 at the wheels...
Who said anything about "at the wheels" :shrug:

I think he's extrapolating flywheel HP (as all the references in his post are BHP, not RWHP)...

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by ford_lightning
Z28 kill

I live in oklahoma in a small town where we drag race every weekend. I had recently just got a 2002 lightning. This guy has a z-28 with around 345hp, and he said it ran a mid 13. He kept asking me to race him, and all my friends told me i would get my ass smoked cuse it was a car and it weighed less. I am pushing out around 420hp . So finally i told him i would race him. We lined up and my friend flagged us. When we took off he hung with me till 60, then i began to leave him. When we crossed the finish i was about 3 truck lengths ahead of him, and rember he runs a mid 13. He told me he got a bad shit into second, so we lined up and raced again and same thing about 3 truck lenghts. So now i have the fastest truck in my town and its cool to have ppl come up every day and say hey i heard ure truck is fast as hell.

"3 truck lengths", I still cant get used to hearing "truck lengths"!!

Users who are viewing this thread