You've gotta love having a Line-Loc...I do!

RL1

Established Member
Quick tip, next time start in second - Line lock is convenient though. I use it on hills and stop lights all the time.

k4u2luz2

Established Member
What makes you think that wasn't second.

??? Actually I don't remeber if that was first or second, should have been second though, that's what gear I usually use at the track.

Oh well who knows.

k4u2luz2

Established Member
I bought it a couple of years ago at a local speed shop but you can get it from Jegs or Summit. It is a Hurst Line-Loc kit. I think I paid around $175 for it. It is mounted in front of the radiator bottom support right where all of the break lines trace down off the ABS unit. I paid $ 50 bucks for the install. All you need is a brake line cutter and flare tool, and the knowledge on which two line are the front brakes.

k4u2luz2

Established Member
black01mustang: I think lanching in second and accerlating might be harmful but just let it out and staying steady on the gas would be the same as driving around in second.

I don't know just my two cents.

The other thing is with 4:30 gears in first you can't spin the tires hard enough to get them warm. Before anyone points it out...I was just having fun with some bald tires. At the track I would not have held it or smoked them that long.

AirForce Hemi

Kenne Bell FTW
Established Member
k4u2luz2 said:
black01mustang: I think lanching in second and accerlating might be harmful but just let it out and staying steady on the gas would be the same as driving around in second.

I don't know just my two cents.

The other thing is with 4:30 gears in first you can't spin the tires hard enough to get them warm. Before anyone points it out...I was just having fun with some bald tires. At the track I would not have held it or smoked them that long.

Dont you have 4.10s now? :shrug:

k4u2luz2

Established Member
Yes but the video was with 4:30's, the 4:10's were just installed around 10 days ago and the video was taken around the second week of November.

Great observation Air Force Hemi!

AirForce Hemi

Kenne Bell FTW
Established Member
k4u2luz2 said:
Yes but the video was with 4:30's, the 4:10's were just installed around 10 days ago and the video was taken around the second week of November.

Great observation Air Force Hemi!

I'm just messing with bro. :poke:

I just rememeber John telling me you had 4.10s now. :thumbsup:

RL1

Established Member
k4u2luz2 said:
What makes you think that wasn't second.

??? Actually I don't remeber if that was first or second, should have been second though, that's what gear I usually use at the track.

Oh well who knows.

Maybe it's because of the 430's, just sounded and looked like first since it kinda looked like it was screaming but the tires weren't spinning as fast as you expect.

Users who are viewing this thread