YouTube experts in here.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Maybe someone can either explain this, or help me fix it.

When I am logged into my YouTube account and on the main YouTube landing page and I hover my mouse over a video, it looks like this:
YouTube1.jpg

When I am not logged into my YouTube account and on the main YouTube landing page and I hover my mouse over a video, it looks like this:
YouTube2.jpg

I want the "Watch later" and "Add to queue" buttons to show when I'm logged into my YouTube account and I hover over a video. It has to be a setting somewhere, but I sure can't find it!

U.M.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
@Uncle Meat

I don’t know if your screenshot for the “logged in” example is cut off on the sides or not, but, when I’m logged in to YouTube I have the 3 dot ellipses under the bottom right corner of the video. Click that and submenu opens with options to watch later and add to queue.

I had to login to YouTube on iOS version of chrome then select view as desktop to do this. Typically, I watch YouTube in the app.

Attachments

• 31EFF46B-2AD6-4A5F-A06A-101A0C69BE65.jpeg
    31EFF46B-2AD6-4A5F-A06A-101A0C69BE65.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
A/B testing user interface changes based on account maybe?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
@Uncle Meat

I don’t know if your screenshot for the “logged in” example is cut off on the sides or not, but, when I’m logged in to YouTube I have the 3 dot ellipses under the bottom right corner of the video. Click that and submenu opens with options to watch later and add to queue.

I had to login to YouTube on iOS version of chrome then select view as desktop to do this. Typically, I watch YouTube in the app.
Yes I was logged in and the screenshot is not cutoff. That's what is so strange... When I'm logged in hovering over the video does not cause it to grow, or pop out. That only works if I'm not logged in. What's even more strange is why does it give me the onscreen option to "Watch later" when I am not logged in? How can YouTube save a video to my watch later list if I'm not physically logged into the app? If I select watch later I get a pop up stating:

Want to watch this again later?
Sign in to add this video to a playlist.
Sign In

I do have the 3 dots under the video when I'm logged in which when clicked give me the option to add it to a watch list or queue, but that's an added mouse click.

Why give me an (link) option I can't use unless I'm logged in, but when I'm logged in that option is no longer provided? :unsure:

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread