You're gonna love this.......

Black306

Established Member
First off, I don't condone street racing of any kind.

That said..... :-D

I was out for a cruise in the Cobra. As I was getting onto 280 South, before I even get up to freeway speeds, and out of the slow lane, a RSX is next to me 'flexin' (in a low gear blimping the throttle). I was just in that mood and said **** it. I put it in 3rd and let her rip. I left the dude in nothing flat. I would have kept going but there was a slow car in front of me and a car in the 2nd to the slow lane. I'm thinking at this point "he is going to pull a ricer move, move a lane over, and blow past me." Surprisingly, he doesn't. I'm like OK, he wants to really see what he can do against me. I make my lane changes into the fast lane. As I creep up to him and get a car or 2 behind him, trying to setup a 3-honk start or something, he gets on it. I know he is cause he went down 1 too many gears and hit the rev limiter. :lol1: I thought "I'll wait until he makes an upshift before getting on it." He up shifts, gets on it, and I make my move. I down shift and start passing him like a hot potato. (As I pass him I raised my right hand as close to the passenger's side window and wave bye [window was down] :-D ). I get several cars in front of him before I think "damn....3rd gear is taking a while to tack out." I look at the tach..."why is it only around 4500rpm?" Then I see the speedo sweeping past 120 on its way to 130......then I realize....
I'm pulling him in 5th!! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Damn, I LOVE this car. :-D :rockon:

I tried letting him catch up by slowing to 55. I wanted to see if he would pull over and ask questions or what not. But he never showed. :lol1:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by Black306
...I know he is cause he went down 1 too many gears and hit the rev limiter. :lol1:

Gotta love people who don't even know their own cars.

Good story.

5th gear kills = +1.

NavyTim

Established Member
How can you not notice you were in 5th as soon as you got on it? I know it adds DRAMA to the story but you are talking about a RSX. Good kill but not a big suprise is it?

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by NavyTim
How can you not notice you were in 5th as soon as you got on it? I know it adds DRAMA to the story but you are talking about a RSX. Good kill but not a big suprise is it?
All I cared about was that I was pulling on him. Surprise? Of course not. It was just one of those you-had-to-be-there moments where I laughed really hard after discovering I was in 5th and not 3rd. :-D

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by BigBeez03
dumb question, but what is an "RSX"?

13977rsx005-med.jpg

03InThe11s - terrible one is right. The RSX is the replacement of the Integra, not the Prelude.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
My dad has an RSX. Non type-S w/ the tiptronic. He thinks it's hot ****. :nonono: I can't wait to convince him to test drive an '04 Cobra. I have a feeling if I can con him into it, the X is going to be in a used car lot. :) If only I had a Cobra to show him the error of his ways... :nonono:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
LoL great story:lol: Nice Kill:beer: My wife has a RSX type-S and it really isn't anything to talk about if you want my .02

Users who are viewing this thread