Your thoughts - think i need a clutch

RL1

Established Member
Shifting seems to be harder, it feels like i have to give it more of a pull throwing it in under high RPM's. When shifting fast or power shifting into 4th it grinds or just doesn't want to go in, after it goes in some times it sticks in gear with the clutch petal fully depressed and i have to give it a bump with the palm of my hand to get it out....the pedal then feels low, short and spongy after.

The car only has 18k on it but i shift real hard when I feel like abusing it - it's only been down the track 8 or so times but i always had the street tires on it so i guess it's just as much abuse as driving hard on the street.

I was told to put a centerforce DFX in it....I had a clutch master stage 4 in my fox and the damn thing was just too nasty for normal driving, was told the DFX was a nice combo of medium HD use and had good drivability.

Thoughts??

mustang john

Established Member
Get a firewall adjuster, quadrant and adjustable cable. Replaced mine after shifting became difficult and i could powershift again. Got mine from Lethal, great service and prices.

RL1

Established Member
mustang john said:
Get a firewall adjuster, quadrant and adjustable cable. Replaced mine after shifting became difficult and i could powershift again. Got mine from Lethal, great service and prices.

I thought it could be the cable also, but the clutch just doesn't have the grab it used to, though it never slips.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
mustang john said:
+1 :beer: call up lethal and they will set you up with what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread