Your thoughts on this pully set-up please

dezracer

I have decided to go mild with a 3.10 RR non-slip upper. I want to keep my stock (chromed) pully guard .I will be using a 4080745 gatorback belt. I plan on replacing the stock lower (the pully on the right side of the crank pully) with a billitflo unit, as I understand this is the one most likley to explode.Of course I will then have the car re-tuned on a dyno by a reputable tuner.

I would appriciate your thoughts. Will be OK in regards to belt slip,etc,etc.Thanks in advance.

dezracer

Thanks Doug..talked to your shop this morning. I will be ordering the diff brace and pully today or tommorro.

Anybody else care to comment on my proposed set-up.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
RR is a good choice for upper pulley.. :thumbsup:they also make double bearing idlers pulleys to match the blower pulley...

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
he also asked twice for opinions on the set up... letting him know that he has a choice about an idler pulley that actually matchs the blower pulley he is getting is not off topic?

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
Linn@Amazon said:
RR is a good choice for upper pulley.. :thumbsup:they also make double bearing idlers pulleys to match the blower pulley...

That's a pretty shitty response from a site sponser.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2 SLOW said:
People ask for advice. Advice is given. Then comes the criticism for giving the advice. Sometimes I just don't get it. :shrug:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
2 SLOW said:

You are right...let me go into more detail..

100mm idlers for 03'- 04'Cobra and 99'-04' Lightning pickups with Eaton superchargers. Also available in 90mm double bearing.
Double bearing Idlers,

NEW 90 MM and 100 MM double bear Idlers. No more wobble or sloppy pulleys. These pulleys feature 2 bearings for better support and have a 1 year warranty against bearing failure. These idlers fit 03-04 cobras and 99-04 lightning pickups.

Price $79.95

Ultra Grip Pulley

Get rid of your Blower Slippage problem with ultra grip pulleys. Availible in 6, 8, 10, and 12 rib.

ULTRA GRIP PULLEY

$135.00

This is the original patented Reichard Racing ultra grip pulley. Many companies have copied the look, but none have come close to the performance and quality. This pulley is made from billet aluminum and is tumble polished. No color anodizing to fade or scratch just a high luster natural finish. Pullies come in 2.75,2.80,2.85,2.90,3.00,3.10, and 3.20 sizes.

RJCobra

Established Member
Linn@Amazon said:
You are right...let me go into more detail..

100mm idlers for 03'- 04'Cobra and 99'-04' Lightning pickups with Eaton superchargers. Also available in 90mm double bearing.
Double bearing Idlers,

NEW 90 MM and 100 MM double bear Idlers. No more wobble or sloppy pulleys. These pulleys feature 2 bearings for better support and have a 1 year warranty against bearing failure. These idlers fit 03-04 cobras and 99-04 lightning pickups.

Price $79.95

Ultra Grip Pulley

Get rid of your Blower Slippage problem with ultra grip pulleys. Availible in 6, 8, 10, and 12 rib.

ULTRA GRIP PULLEY

$135.00

This is the original patented Reichard Racing ultra grip pulley. Many companies have copied the look, but none have come close to the performance and quality. This pulley is made from billet aluminum and is tumble polished. No color anodizing to fade or scratch just a high luster natural finish. Pullies come in 2.75,2.80,2.85,2.90,3.00,3.10, and 3.20 sizes.

Would you recommend the 90's, 100's, or a combination of the two for cars with a stock lower and 2.9 upper? I also want to keep the stock pulley guard. I currently have no belt slip without an auxilliary idler.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
generally the use of 2 100mm and 1 90mm is used for replacing the stock idler pulleys..the 90mm being used on the passenger side of the motor so it doesnt interfere with the tensioner. you can retain the use of the snout cover as long as no auxillary idler is used..usually the bracket needs the holes vacated by the snout cover

dezracer

Thanks for the replies....and the extra advise ;-) Actually I plan on just repacing the stock lower (right of and next to the crank pully if you are standing at front of car) This seems to be the only stock pully that has history of grenading. Biilit flow only makes this in a 92mm if I understood coorectly when I called them....Am I on track here???? Thanks again and I promise no more questions from me after this :burnout:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
dezzracer said:
Thanks for the replies....and the extra advise ;-) Actually I plan on just repacing the stock lower (right of and next to the crank pully if you are standing at front of car) This seems to be the only stock pully that has history of grenading. Biilit flow only makes this in a 92mm if I understood coorectly when I called them....Am I on track here???? Thanks again and I promise no more questions from me after this :burnout:

it is the most prevelent to fail but some of the others have also...

Users who are viewing this thread