Your opinions on fast V6's?

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
No, not Stang V6's! :)

Im talking the Supercharged 3800's, Regal GS's and GP GTP's.

Do you guys usually give them the time of day? We have a weekly cruise here, alot of friendly roll on runs, etc.

I drive a 13 second Regal, and it looks bone stock. Smaller pulley, exhaust mods, intake, etc. Exhaust even SOUNDS stock.

Anyways, most people are cool about it, and will nod when they hear the charger. I can usually run dead even with a M6 LT1, and can take the new Stang GT's.

But the ones that piss me off, are the ones that show no respect at all.

Last night I pulled up to a 97 Cobra, and asked what he had done. He had about 3-4 people in his car. Advantage was on my court. He replied "what? are you kidding? **** off"

I almost died laughing, was this guy serious? So I blip the gas by him. He switches lanes and flicks me off. :nono:

So of course, I stay around by him. He pull along side again, he laughs and then downshifts. Im ready to take off, and he nails it. I hit it, and fell back to his door, crept up to dead even and stayed there till we let off.

He then FLEW by me and flicked me off. Oh well. Nice car though, gotta love the SN95 Cobras.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
I love the supercharged 3800's. Wolf in sheep's clothing. :coolman:

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
How about the Typhoons, Syclones & GNX's with mods? The first time I saw a STOCK Typhoon launch my eyes couldn't beleive it, it looked like a crotch rocket.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
the M3 is an I6, as is the supra. I love them both. Well, Not sure about the M3. I love the styling of it, and my Uncles M coupe is decently quick so i assume...

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I wouldn't have been that rude to you. I would've paid you your due respect simply as another human being. But You wouldn't be getting a thumbs up from me complimenting you on your car nor would you have heard any questions from me about it. I don't care where they came from, how "exotic" they're claimed to be, nor how fast they are, I simply don't like V6 nor 4 cylinder cars.

They all sound like high performance egg beaters, or weed wackers when you wind them up, and that's why you wouldn't catch me driving one unless I couldn't afford anything else. And in that case, I wouldn't bother trying to spend money on them to attempt to make them into something they're not. They're economy cars. Transportation. That's it.

To me, it's the same thing as drag racing a front wheel drive car. It's just backwards. The weight distribution goes to the back of a car coming off the line in a drag race. So what you're doing when you drive a wrong-wheel-drive car in a drag race is trying to use a design that was developed for driving in the snow, and attempting to get it to perform like a RWD car on the track. So you then have to contend w/extra wheelspin, and torque steer. And then these wrong-wheel-drive fanatics ruin the track conditions for us RWD car guys when they bring their warmed over econo junks through the water box, and their back wheels just drag water to the starting line since they do NOT spin during the burnout. They don't belong there. Their cars are backwards. They should stick to driving in the snow and being good on gas, which is what that drivetrain was designed for. You asked for opinions, and that's mine.

Last edited:

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
If its fast and clean... I will respect it. Espessially if its American.

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Noted.

BTW, the car sounds like a Lightning or Cobra, not like a egg beater. Eaton M90..

Originally posted by BillyGman
I wouldn't have been that rude to you. I would've paid you your due respect simply as another human being. But You wouldn't be getting a thumbs up from me complimenting you on your car nor would you have heard any questions from me about it. I don't care where they came from, how "exotic" they're claimed to be, nor how fast they are, I simply don't like V6 nor 4 cylinder cars.

They all sound like high performance egg beaters, or weed wackers when you wind them up, and that's why you wouldn't catch me driving one unless I couldn't afford anything else. And in that case, I wouldn't bother trying to spend money on them to attempt to make them into something they're not. They're economy cars. Transportation. That's it.

To me, it's the same thing as drag racing a front wheel drive car. It's just backwards. The weight distribution goes to the back of a car coming off the line in a drag race. So what you're doing when you drive a wrong-wheel-drive car in a drag race is trying to use a design that was developed for driving in the snow, and attempting to get it to perform like a RWD car on the track. So you then have to contend w/extra wheelspin, and torque steer. And then these wrong-wheel-drive fanatics ruin the track conditions for us RWD car guys when they bring their warmed over econo junks through the water box, and their back wheels just drag water to the starting line since they do NOT spin during the burnout. They don't belong there. Their cars are backwards. They should stick to driving in the snow and being good on gas, which is what that drivetrain was designed for. You asked for opinions, and that's mine.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by PimpJuiceFord
Noted.

BTW, the car sounds like a Lightning or Cobra, not like a egg beater. Eaton M90..

Hey man, I'm really not trying to offend you here. I just shared my opinion, since you were asking for opinions. But as far as the way it sounds.....just because it has a S/Cer whine, doesn't mean it sounds like a V8 w/a supercharger on it. Nothing sounds like the growl of a V8. Perhaps you've never taken notice of that my friend. To each their own I guess.

chicken714

NKAWTG
Established Member
I have respect for them, but then again thats cause in the form my car is in right now, there are quite a few in my town that could take me. My first car was a six shooter stang. I know you said thats not what you are talking about but if you put the money in the right place on many cars, they have the potential to be fast. I would rather an 8, but speed is speed I guess. If someone takes good care of thier car, and it has the goods, then more power to that person.

Originally posted by c0dy
the M3 is an I6, as is the supra. I love them both. Well, Not sure about the M3. I love the styling of it, and my Uncles M coupe is decently quick so i assume...
\

Learn something new everyday...:idea:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I will respect anything as long as it is done tastefully. I would have got a lil bit more info and if you said it was a 13 sec car, I wouldve just because.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
Respect, yes.

Give the time of day, no...unless it has a turbo on it.

I laugh at 13 second cars.
yeah, and I have a 575 ci alcohol inj. KB hemi in the garage waiting to go in:rolleyes: You have a "barely modded" 03. If you were an avg. drive you "could" be in the 13's easily.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
Respect, yes.

Give the time of day, no...unless it has a turbo on it.

I laugh at 13 second cars.
And they laugh at you as they pass you :lol: :lol: :lol:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
yeah, and I have a 575 ci alcohol inj. KB hemi in the garage waiting to go in:rolleyes: You have a "barely modded" 03. If you were an avg. drive you "could" be in the 13's easily.
As it sits I have gone 8.5 @ 87 in the 1/8th, thats a 12.70-12.90 run. BTW, it's an 04 Vert.

The pic from the garage

188621_144_full.jpg

my car is a low 11 second car with that charger on, so as I said I laugh at a 13 second car.

Users who are viewing this thread