Your opinion on nascar, Is it rigged are they bias?

Koolaid_Guy

I raed so many places that nascar is bias to the chevy's , Ford is a bunch of whining babies etc.. etc.. Give me your opinion on the whole nascar scene, post your thoughts on it?? i have a friend heavy into nascar and he says nascar is not bias and that ford just sucks at it etc.. lol he is joking but id like to know people's opinion's on this very popular american sport.

2000 MGT

your friend may be into NASCAR but he's not intelligent when it comes to the actual sport. Anyone that says "Ford Sucks" is just retarded; yeah J. Mays is personally backing EVERY Ford team. Stupid thought processes.

And how would Ford be the whiners when all of NASCAR basically agrees that J.Gordon is the biggest baby in the sport?? he drives a Chevy so that wouldn't make sence now would it?

03CobraBro

Established Member
It does seem like alot of domestic racing does show quite an interest in GM over Dodge or Ford. If thats true or not I dont know. IRL seems quite GM bias, however since GM is one of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's sponcers I guess that would make sence (Even though it seems like Honda dominates IRL). NASCAR, I dont know, the only thing I can figure if that it just seems like GM dominates Nascar because they have both Pontiac and Chevy in it rather than just one sub company like the other corperations.

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
First I'm going to get my mullet going, then knock out a few teeth with a hammer and put in a big wad of chaw...then I'll tell you about nascar.

SpeedTV - now thats the sh!t.

Kurt Busch

#1 CRYSTAL PALACE FAN
Established Member
Longitude: 122° 18' 50" W / Latitude: 47° 49' 16"
Originally posted by Kool_ZX3
I raed so many places that nascar is bias to the chevy's , Ford is a bunch of whining babies etc.. etc.. Give me your opinion on the whole nascar scene, post your thoughts on it?? i have a friend heavy into nascar and he says nascar is not bias and that ford just sucks at it etc.. lol he is joking but id like to know people's opinion's on this very popular american sport.

Not paying much attention to the retards here, here is my rundown on this topic.
Simply put Ford has a disavantage going in the engine and the aero department as well. Even though Ford has a new engine head design in use, that would give them at leas tequal HP to the other makes, most notably Chevy, the aero disadvantage still makes Ford less competetive, especially on tracks like Daytona.
As for the other question, nascar has been always somewhat pro-chevy. Not to mention that Dale Jr is the nascar showboy and with the blind, drunk and misinformed fan base he commands, nascar would like nothing more than crowning Jr the next champion. It's also not a secret that in the early to mid 90's Jack Roush has done a lot of complaining about how nascar handles penalties and tweeks the outcome of certain races, which did not make Jack one of the favorite team owners in the eyes of nascar brass. Perhaps that is why nascar docked enough points from Mark Martin in the 91 championship that allowed Dale Sr to win the championship.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
how does ford have an aero disadvantage? i thought they all had to comform to a standard template?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I don't watch it much. If I see it on TV and it is the only thing coming in I might. It kind of reminds me of sitting here watching the second hand spin around on my clock.

Off topic, but I was thinking ricers should make a racing division called: Naaawwsscar. They already have the body kits for aero and the sponsor stickers. They are ready to rawk.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Originally posted by ezernut9mm
how does ford have an aero disadvantage? i thought they all had to comform to a standard template?
front and rear spoilers, I think. Each time Ford wins a race Nascar goes to the drawing board to see what rules and regs to change

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by chunkysoup
front and rear spoilers, I think. Each time Ford wins a race Nascar goes to the drawing board to see what rules and regs to change

LoL.

It pissed me off when they yanked the Thunderbird from NASCAR. Now they have been using the Taurus... Truly sad.

I know names have nothing to do with it, as the only T-Birdish thing on it was the stickers :D.

My grandfather watches NASCAR, and I STRONGLY believe there is a Chevy advantage in the field. Last race there was ONE Ford in the top 5, and the majority of course was GM. Ford teams may just have shitty drivers perhaps?

As for D.E. Sr. he was a great driver, his son is okay, but I do not believe he deserves the huge fanbase he has.

What is going to happen to Dodge / Ford when the Taurus / Intrepid are no longer in production??

Purerock105

Established Member
It's easy to despise NASCAR...they are in a word...successful.

All those 'right' turns didn't help CART, and F1 is losing money
to the tune they announced major financial re-structuring to
impose on the teams to bring costs down. In F1 the league
regulates team costs, not in NASCAR, which is why in a field
of 43-cars, only 20 have a legitimate shot of winning week in
and week out. The teams that spend, win...Hendrick, DEI, RCR
, Roush.

If 'right' turns equals racing, why then does nobody watch...?

Back On-Topic...I don't think there is an unfair adavantage
bias in favor of GM or Chevy. BTW...Pontiac folded it's factory
backing last year. It seems every few years or so, you'll have
one particular group that may be ahead of the curve. But,
didn't Matt Kenseth win the 2003 NASCAR Championship in a

...a FORD...? ;-) :beer:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
NASCAR - can watch all I want on Sportscenter. Wrecks, important passes, and the finish.

No need to sit around all day watching lil bright things zoom around. Efficiency friends!

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I think NASCAR sucks balls. My friends and relatives are into it and I think its just a mans soap opera. Its all politics and everybodys wanting to know who bitch slapped who after the race. The only nascar race I would watch would be the road course b/c they don't know what the hell to do when that hairpen turn is coming up :-D . My $.02.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Originally posted by 91lxcoupe
I think NASCAR sucks balls. My friends and relatives are into it and I think its just a mans soap opera. Its all politics and everybodys wanting to know who bitch slapped who after the race. The only nascar race I would watch would be the road course b/c they don't know what the hell to do when that hairpen turn is coming up :-D . My $.02.
:smmon:

Users who are viewing this thread