Your opinion on body kits?

EVLSVT

Banned
I have a 2001 cobra, i think it is all around a really nice looking car, yet when next to an 03/04 cobra it looks a little "wussy-like" , maybe its justme. But im thinking of maybe getting a cobra-r hood, or front bumper, what are your opinions on this, does it "ruin the cobra" or make it look even more like a beast?

What do you think of this setup, (or would it just not be worthy to be a cobra)

03/04 cobra rear bumper / spoiler, darkend tail lights, AND head ligs
Cobra R Front bumper and Hood. SS Inserts in the 03/04 cobra rear bumper, and the Snake in the front(insted of pony)

What do you guys think of that setup, or would it look like a hodge-podge setup , and look like rice?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
other than the rear bumper i think the 99&01 cobra's look better than the 03's. the 03's just look big, like they weigh a ton. the 01 front bumper looks ALOT better. if i had a new edge and wanted to change the appearance i would definitely go 2000 R, best look stang since the 98 cobra;)

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
you want the bad ass look? keep it clean, no body kits, kits = rice,cheap,wanna a be a race car, I'd put big meats that fit properly,not sticking out past the wheel well,and drop her down way, way down! something about clean and simple! :rockon:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
other than the rear bumper i think the 99&01 cobra's look better than the 03's. the 03's just look big, like they weigh a ton. the 01 front bumper looks ALOT better. if i had a new edge and wanted to change the appearance i would definitely go 2000 R, best look stang since the 98 cobra;)

I agree, the 03's look ugly and they really do look just big and heavy. I would rather the 01 look any day and its the only thing that separates our cars from all the rest, the front bumper I mean. The headlights are already smoked. I would do the snake grille insert though, I think thats a must on any cobra. Maybe do some nice 17x9 wheels w/ 275/40/17 or wider tires.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
The most I would do is the cobra R hood, but that's pushing it for me! I just really love the look of our 01's compared to any other cobra.

killrSVT

Established Member
The Cobra-R splitter is on my list.. It makes it look closer to the road, I love it.. Although you don't want to put too many Cobra-R body apparel on or else you have a phony Cobra-R.. Nobody likes a wanna-be..

I wouldn't put a body kit on the Cobra it loses its class..

EVLSVT

Banned
Hmm good point guys, btw- i put the snake in the middle instead of the horse, yet it looks too small for the car, do you guys think the horse looks ebtter on our cobras or no?

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I myself don't like the snake in the grille as much as the horse. Like you said, the horse fills out the grille better and besides that...its still a Mustang.
As for the body kit, I myself wouldn't do it. Its a matter of opinion, but I like a clean look. If nothing else, one of the best looks on the 01 Cobras are lowered, spoilerless and with the 275s or 315s out back. Hey, mount those on FR500s and that would be sweet.

bouncer18

Established Member
put a honda sticker across the hood
and do matching toyota stickers on the side

:)

on a serious note..

i like the snake better
something that should have been done from the start.. it makes it more destinct

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
I love the way the snake in the grill looks.

As far as body parts go - I like the Cerivini's stalker hood. The Cervini's spoiler looks nice also, but if you move the stock spoiler back, it looks very good. Front clip I prefer the 03 front clip. I also like the 03 bumper, BUT, I'm not trading mine out becaue it's sort of unique in that the 99's say Mustang instead of Cobra.

One of the things that really sets of the 03 Cobras is that they have the wider tires. Helps to fill out the fender wells a little better.

Side skirts, I'm ambivalent on. I think the Steeda side scoops look nice though. I don't particularly care for the stock side scoops.

badboycali_559

Established Member
okay when it comes to kits i've perty much tried everythin, the 03 cobra kit, not the way to go, 00 cobra r looks the best on our cobra's IF they r coupes, saleen looks nice on anything, rousch kills it unless u get the factory side exhaust, the tips never fit in rite, i've saleen kit rite now which is very satisfactory but i would recommend gettin a saleen kit and instead of the saleen embossed on teh bak get teh 03 ss insterts of a cobra and stick them there, will look sicko.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
killrSVT said:
The Cobra-R splitter is on my list.. It makes it look closer to the road, I love it.. Although you don't want to put too many Cobra-R body apparel on or else you have a phony Cobra-R.. Nobody likes a wanna-be..

I wouldn't put a body kit on the Cobra it loses its class..

IF you make a mustang a ricer, it loses its class. A body kit doesnt make it look ghetto(depends on what body kit (ZENON, OR STOCK FROM FACTORY BODY)which are nasty)Body kits look good. Saleen or Roush only way to go. :burn:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
americanthunder said:
you want the bad ass look? keep it clean, no body kits, kits = rice,cheap,wanna a be a race car, I'd put big meats that fit properly,not sticking out past the wheel well,and drop her down way, way down! something about clean and simple! :rockon:

i=wNzM5MjE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
I guess my car is a riced out cheap wanna be race car. :rolleyes: Give me a break dude.

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Ricers have give the phrase "body kit" a stigma that makes closed minded people jump on the chance to call someone a Ricer whenever they have a body kit.

Changing the bumpers/spoliers for better aerodynamics and the look that goes along with that does not make you a ricer. We have cobras for christ's sake. If anyone should be allowed to add race-inspired body parts to their cars, its us.

You think body kits are Rice?
Is this Rice?

dsc_1478.jpg

Oh no!!! Its got a WING!!! Run AWAY, its Rice...ooooooo

OH DEAR GOD!!! NOT A ROOF SCOOP!!!

And Just look at that oversized front bumper.

But you know what, its all functional, and its fast.

Last edited:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
i=wNzM5MjE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
I guess my car is a riced out cheap wanna be race car. :rolleyes: Give me a break dude.

See - that's what we're talking about :poke:

(j/k). What body kit/parts is that? I saw those pictures the other day but was too busy admiring the flames on the hood to pay attention to everything else.

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
sorry fellas! my intent was not to offend anyone, everyone is entitled to thier opinion, simple and clean always will prevail,I used the word body kit loosely, big ass tails and spoiliers are really non functional unless its on a race car I think the coin is better spent on handleing and power, once again, appologies! :rolling:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread