Your New DD?

matt87

Established Member
they actually making for the us or is this an australian model?

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Doesn't mention an Aussie export, but it was shown at the Chicago show and mentions at the bottom...

"The 2010 Taurus SHO will be built at Ford's Chicago (Ill.) assembly plant and will be available in dealerships this summer, starting at a base price of $37,995, including destination."

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
That is awesome. So is the Flex. But what I can't figure out is why Ford can't make a car like this cost less. They are making some really cool cars, they are bringing back the Fiesta and it's like the SVT Focus, but they are too exspensive. Everyone is scared of the economy and not buying cars, so what does Ford do? They build awesome cars that no one will buy because they are scared of the economy. Good job Ford. You are about 5 years too late.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Yeah, the timing really sucks. But, there it is. I've been hoping Ford would come up with a hot sedan to compete with the very popular and very cool Cadillac CTS/CTS-V. I've been professing something like a Lincoln HLR (for Hot Rod Lincoln) that was an upscale SHO. But hey, Ford may somehow see this as the Poor Man's (at $38K that's relative, of course) CTS. The original SHO was the poor man 5-series and was a great bargin and a cool sleeper as well. This may be somewhat less so, but it's got a) an Eco TWIN TURBO, b) all wheel-drive and c) a six-speed paddle shifter. It's the SHO 20 years later. Very cool. Of course, I can't afford it...but for those who can it's neat. Sadly, these may be sitting in lots for a long time....and happily (for some) end up being a real bargin.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I think its badass and way overdue but I agree on the pricing. I think its a mistake pricing that high and they should have a base SHO closer to 28-30k.

I still wish they would just bring the damn Falcon over here :(

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Falcon would be sweet. Can't figure Ford out sometimes. SHO-wise, I had figured the next SHO would actually be based on the smaller Fusion as a front-driver, but some how the all-wheel drive is very appealing. Would be hard to go back to a front driver after that. Can't imagine how they are going to knock $8K off the price. (Hell, I paid $18K for my new '89 SHO...those were the days.) Probably would do better with a Lincoln badge against the CTS (as noted above) for the $38K price. But, who's buying squat right now.

matt87

Established Member
gotta wonder how good the engine will be also, 365 hp out of twin turbos isnt as much as you might think. you know with small mods it'll be pushing over 500hp. ala grand national of the 80s and toyota supra of the 90s. hope its got forged internals! price does seem to high, a g8 cost 29k and has 360hp too.

Users who are viewing this thread