Your Dream Build

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
Hey guys,

I found myself daydreaming today about my dream car build and settled on one that I'd want to do in the future, here it is:

39373934016_large.jpg

39373934022_large.jpg

4ek68.jpg

1967 Chevrolet Impala 4 door (4 door is REALLY hard to find surprisingly)

Aesthetics: I'd want it almost exactly like the first two, without the flat black on the hood. I'd want the interior to have leather bench seats front and back and black on black in color.

Engine: 427ci big block
Trans: 4 speed auto (haven't decided specifics)
Gears: 3.42

I'd want the suspension and brakes to be modern but I'm not too experienced with classics so I'm not sure if it can be done (specifically, I don't think I can have 4 wheel disk brakes with those wheel in the first two pics).

Well, that's my dream build, now I'd like to hear about yours! Provide pics if possible and as much detail as you can. It's really fun for me to see how people think and what kind of cool builds they can come up with!

EDIT: For those that may have asked, yes this car was definitely inspired form the series Supernatural. From the first season I fell in love with this thing (so did my girl).

:beer:

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
1969 Boss 429.

Black on Black.

With a modular based engine 5.4 or larger, T-56 Magnum, Built 8.8 with 3.55s.

Just a nice cruiser.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
1967 Nickey Camaro

1967 nickey camaro - Ask.com Search

My dad is building a 69 COPO Camaro. We found it of all places CL and the people had no Idea what it was, we paid for it being a Z car since the guys parents thought it was a real Z car. It was in rough shape, but when its done, it will be worth over 100k.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
jstavola-521l.jpg

I have a complete body, title, and VIN.
6024645e-2d76-170e.jpg

It's a start right?

yeah lol. I like the sport mirrors. Hows the quarters and floors? Those cars rusted so bad. Chevy dropped the ball on rust prevention.

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
My dream build

I will have one of these
1949_Mercury_Lead_Sled.jpg

1949-1950 Mercury Chopped, Channeled, and Bagged

With one of these
Flathead.jpg

Yup that's about it. It's my dream build that is definitely do able for me.

jliddle

Established Member
yeah lol. I like the sport mirrors. Hows the quarters and floors? Those cars rusted so bad. Chevy dropped the ball on rust prevention.

Quarters are not terribly gone, but will be replaced. Toe boards are gone. Fred Flinstone status right now.

ZFan88

Established Member
It's those sport sedans that are hard to find....nice ride though! Here's my daily that I would love to build with a twin-screw eventually. Once the Mustang is done

23840_10150147334305136_552750135_11920335_8303221_n.jpg

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Quarters are not terribly gone, but will be replaced. Toe boards are gone. Fred Flinstone status right now.

What about the trunk? Also check behind the fenders and the dash. They rusted really bad there, rear frame rails. Thats about the only places water got in. When the windows started leaking, it was all down hill from there.

tnuce10

Established Member
1967 Nickey Camaro

1967 nickey camaro - Ask.com Search

My dad is building a 69 COPO Camaro. We found it of all places CL and the people had no Idea what it was, we paid for it being a Z car since the guys parents thought it was a real Z car. It was in rough shape, but when its done, it will be worth over 100k.

Stupid question...what does COPO mean?

I've seen it hundreds of times just looking at cars for sale and have no idea what it stands for

jliddle

Established Member
Stupid question...what does COPO mean?

I've seen it hundreds of times just looking at cars for sale and have no idea what it stands for

Central office production order.

Basically a limited run Camaro. Most famous being the Yenko and ZL1

Last edited:

Jaysin

Established Member
I'd say my dream build is the Factory Five 33 Coupe. Just like in the pic, but flat black, and a different set of wheels. Maybe just a bolt on 4.6, with a t56, and suspension work.

'33 Hot Rod

M3xpress

Established Member
My dream.
jstavola-521l.jpg

I have a complete body, title, and VIN.
6024645e-2d76-170e.jpg

It's a start right?

That's a good looking dream.

OP I like that Impala. An ex gf of mine got me into Supernatural years ago and that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Impala.

My dream car may be boring to some, but I definitely think I'd have to be in the right position in life to build it.

I've always wanted a killer '55 Chevy. I've always liked the way they look. More stout and aggressive looking than the '57s. I'd want to build one with a nice, updated suspension (coilovers etc) squattin' but still with a little rake. A built, solid rear, mini tubbed. A supercharged big block with the heavy big block cam hit that is unmistakable and connect that to whatever the best 5/6 speed trans fit is. Black interior, simple black leather buckets, good stereo (concealed components).

I'm boring and keeping it simple with black would be awesome. I'm not a crazy color guy, two tones or different color trims etc, but in this case another option I might go with is the Bel Air look. I think a black '55 with a white/pearlescent roof/fenders would look good.

I'd make it my own, taking elements from these....

prs97

Established Member
I'd love to do a Cobra replica with either a real deal 427 or maybe something modern like a Coyote 5.0

That or a Superformance GT-40 MK1 in the Gulf colors.

Both way too much for my checkbook for now so I have to keep dreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread