Your Career

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Hey guys, dont know if u guys know me but i have been wondering this site for quite a while posting commments here and there, and this site is not just a lil chat room its a family, and i would like to be accepted into this family that you guys have here at SVTP. I read about u guys meeting up at meets and racks, and the lil drama here and there its quite fun to read and just look at you guys bicker and stuff, and make fun its quite fun.

Well anywayz back to my topic sorry i got a lil side tracked, well im 17 and becoming a senior this year, so im kinda just wondering what im goin to do with my life, u know after high school i was considering the army or air force and doin computer programming, or becoming a CHP ( California Highway Patrol ) or a mechanic since i love cars, but dont really get to work on cars lol. SO i was just wondering what some of your guys's carrers are and how you like it, how u got into it , how much u pay the goods and bads and if you have any other plans after this carrer, you know a lil information if its not to much trouble, it will also help us to get to know each other a little bit, well ill get to know alot of you guys.

Ill start it off kinda since i already. Well i live in Riverside, California and im currently shopping around for a new vehicle for me, i currently drive a 97 f-150 and a 99 expedition. Dont know what to do after high school... o ya this site KIKS ASS!!

sorry if this post is kinda long.... :shrug:

but o well lets get sum jose cuevo in this room and start drinking u know some miller highlifes@!!:beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
DO NOT BE A COMPUTER PROGRAMMER. Unless you like sitting in front of a computer writing endless lengths of code, and getting paid only modestly, but if you do go for a career involving computers, DEFINATELY learn programming, makes a resume look much better.

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
well, i dunno what to say other than you had me at "hey guys" haha jk anyways dude i just graduated HS and still really doing nothing i got a job at Dreamworks... yea the movie company doing computer maintainance... awesome pay for an 18 year old right outta high school to be making... and i just landed that job by luck i had no idea what i actually wanted to do after HS... what i really wanted to do and am still kinda pursuing is becoming a Professional Hockey Player... i was being scouted by a pro scout for anaheim cuz i tried out for them plus my coach knows the scouts and trainers and thats my favorite team... anyways dude just chill out let life come to you, you dont need to bother with that crap now... live life have fun we are still young... careers are for people like 25 and up even though im in a career job now i had no idea i would be at this stage in my life.

btw. my name is Billy, I'm 18, i live in Northridge, california im always shopping for a new vehicle for myself... i currently drive a bright red SVT Lightning and a bright red 1998 toyota supra twin turbo Targa top. but im in the market for a 1999+ nissan skyline gtr r-34 v-spec II nismo R-1 edition id sell my L and supra for that car right now. anyways

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
lol got sum post pretty quick thats a good sign.

azgardia ya im pretty sure im not gonna be a programmer seems kinda boring anyways i use to be into computers alot but im kinda outa that stage.

SVT_driv3r- ya at dream works huh? thats really tight lucky you, what kind of maintence do you do? And ya i know what u mean im just taking it easy right now living life up.

How much u plan on selling your 98 supra for, thats 1 of my dream cars a 98 supra twin turbo, stick right?

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
my supra id sell for 40000 as that is about what i got into it... i woudlnt sell it for more it is pretty sick... its my week end driver but id only sell it or trade it for a skyline and yes it is a stick... honestly after i learned to drive a stick... id never drive an auto again... except trucks... they got those long throw shifters stickin outta the floor like 3 feet ugly as hell but the new lightning fixed that problem... god i love ford
fa_4.JPG

fatal1

Established Member
learn everything

Here's one for ya, I lifegaurded through highschool, did chassis work and worked at a machine shop in Houston through college, now I work at a steel mill in Arkansas.

I'm 24 and live in Jonesboro AR right now. Its not bad for now.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
wow that is a sick looking supra man 900 hp? how much torque u running? *** that is so clean... U live in LA huh come up to the area of Riverside, San Bernadino, Corona or Redlands often? 40k is a little outa my budget lol but damn sure wouldnt mind getting a supra....

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
fatal1- lifegaurded huh? thats kool, but i heard it is soo hard to be a lifeguard all the test are like hard ass hell, 2 of my friends that are girls are lifeguards at the local water park, wouldnt trust them with my life.... lol. So how do u like ur job at the steel mill? pay good?

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
check back here tomaro ill post more pictures of it and maybe come up to your area sometime soon with it... not too far away... like 30 min or so for me the way i drive i gotta go do something else beside sitting on the forums for like 2 hrs straight lol peace out kwiky

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
Could always do something like autobody, always idiots that cant seem to avoid hitting things...my one friend seems to gravitate towards trees...hit a tree with every car hes owned..ya..

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
lol true, autobody seems like a good career since accidents happen everyday, just dont wanna work for a broke down mechanic shop i wanna work for a ford mechanic shop you know what i mean?

71stang99

Established Member
I can tell you the same thing that I told my nephew, unless you can pay for college go in the AF, take the most advanced training possible (electronics) and GI Bill do the 4 or more if you like (or go guard) with the work experience and training it will open doors, not to mention a little discipline and teamwork. Either way good luck!

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
Oh of course, but ya need to get experience somehow. :) Ive actually been toying around with seeing if my uncle can help me grab some jobs, hes good friends with a couple of guys that do autobody work.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I went to K-State and got a B.S. in Ag Economics w/ a specialty option in Finance and a minor in Spanish. Now, I am an ag loan officer in a bank outside of Wichita, KS. To tell you the god's honest truth, I don't work very hard here compared to past jobs but the pay (although nothing to get worked up over now) has a lot of potential for the future. It is a very secure job but in reality I would rather be back home farming and raising cattle.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
If I had it to do all over again I would have joined the Air Force right out of high school. Just I just got denied going. I got to wait to June 26th to join which will make me 24 years old which might be too late to join ? Just it'll help ya get a leg up see the world as long as you don't have anytrhing holding you back close girlfriend or whatever. If I could do it over again I would join in a heartbeat. Just get some high tech training, and I was told the career I was going for was not guarnteed and wanted me to list three other careers. Just try to get a guarnteed job if ya go. I'm sure there are other guys that can help ya alot better than I can though. Anyways Good Luck ! ! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread