younger brother got pulled over and a ticket for street racing...

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
in my truck.. seriously?? we have a built evo, built SRT4, 3 cobras, my z06.. and he gets pulled over in this...

truck1.gif

truck2.gif

he claims he wasnt racing. he said some jerkoff in a gas lifted hemi truck was messing with him and brake checked him and he just wanted to get away from the guy and not damage my truck so he floored it to get around the jerk and make a turn onto another road..(which he did make a turn as soon as he got infront of the other truck). the cop gave him a ticket for street racing.. told him to fight it because I honestly dont see my truck racing anything. its slow and doesnt blow black smoke.. lol

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
in my truck.. seriously?? we have a built evo, built SRT4, 3 cobras, my z06.. and he gets pulled over in this...

he claims he wasnt racing. he said some jerkoff in a gas lifted hemi truck was messing with him and brake checked him and he just wanted to get away from the guy and not damage my truck so he floored it to get around the jerk and make a turn onto another road..(which he did make a turn as soon as he got infront of the other truck). the cop gave him a ticket for street racing.. told him to fight it because I honestly dont see my truck racing anything. its slow and doesnt blow black smoke.. lol

At least this is the story your brother tells.

Anybody will streetrace just about anything, including slow ass trucks. From your description it sounds like your brother may be one of them. It it highly unlikely he told you the WHOLE unvarnished truth. Either way he drove like a dumbass and got caught.

and this will get moved in 5......4......3.......2.......

Last edited:

TDUB003

Established Member
If that's a Duramax they are by no means slow in modded form. Compared to the cars you listed yes, but my girlfriend's dad has an 04 with only intake, exhaust, and a chip and holy hell that thing pulls hard for something that big. People try to race him ALL the damn time in that thing, I've been witness to more than a few cars getting smoked.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
have him tell the story to the judge and let him make the final decision.

hopefully the judge asks the office if he actually witnessed you two going at it intentionally or just witnessed one truck passing the other.

unfortunately any speeding nowadays is automatically streetracing. I could pass a car doing 85 when everyone else is doing 80 and if that car has any semblance to any import and a cop sees me in an eclipse doing this, guess what im getting ticketed for.....

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
If that's a Duramax they are by no means slow in modded form. Compared to the cars you listed yes, but my girlfriend's dad has an 04 with only intake, exhaust, and a chip and holy hell that thing pulls hard for something that big. People try to race him ALL the damn time in that thing, I've been witness to more than a few cars getting smoked.

the truck is a Dmax and has a intake/TBE and edge tuner. its not really fast. its more setup for towing our trailers and jetskis around

I doubt he was really racing another truck.. thats kinda pointless. lets take a 5000+lb truck and race it.. that makes sense. even hes not that big of a idiot. i told him to just fight it and take the truck to the court house and tell him what happened and let him decide. and also ask the cop if he was "racing" why was he the only one to get pulled over??

TDUB003

Established Member
the truck is a Dmax and has a intake/TBE and edge tuner. its not really fast. its more setup for towing our trailers and jetskis around

I doubt he was really racing another truck.. thats kinda pointless. lets take a 5000+lb truck and race it.. that makes sense. even hes not that big of a idiot. i told him to just fight it and take the truck to the court house and tell him what happened and let him decide. and also ask the cop if he was "racing" why was he the only one to get pulled over??

A lot of this is the cop's perception of what happened. If you're brother can raise a reasonable doubt in the court room as to whether he was just passing the other truck then he should be able to get the racing ticket dismissed. As you told him, I would have him bring in pictures of the truck and simply explain to the judge his side of what actually occurred. I wouldn't have him ask the cop that particular question because the cop will most likely reply that he was the only cop on the scene and that he simply pulled over the faster vehicle. The cop may very well have seen two trucks speeding down the road side by side and came to a reasonable assumption that these two trucks were racing each other. Just because you and your brother aren't dumb enough to race a truck, it doesn't mean there isn't someone else that is. Also, what is you brother's driving record like? Does he have prior racing incidents? If not, have him bring in a copy of his driving record as well.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
A lot of this is the cop's perception of what happened. If you're brother can raise a reasonable doubt in the court room as to whether he was just passing the other truck then he should be able to get the racing ticket dismissed. As you told him, I would have him bring in pictures of the truck and simply explain to the judge his side of what actually occurred. I wouldn't have him ask the cop that particular question because the cop will most likely reply that he was the only cop on the scene and that he simply pulled over the faster vehicle. The cop may very well have seen two trucks speeding down the road side by side and came to a reasonable assumption that these two trucks were racing each other. Just because you and you're brother aren't dumb enough to race a truck, it doesn't mean there isn't someone else that is. Also, what is you brother's driving record like? Does he have prior racing incidents? If not, have him bring in a copy of his driving record as well.

my brothers driveing record is very clean. only one speeding ticket on his record. I will give him those ideas aswell.

thanks for the help

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member

The highlighted bold part pretty much fits the definition of a race. If he wanted to get away from the other guy why did he have to "floor" it?

As mentioned before, people race anything. I've witnessed minivans going at it....:shrug:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Funny... I have a lifted F250 gasser on 37's, and CONSTANTLY have modded diesel trucks trying to race me. WTF..my truck would probably run the 1320 in about 4 days.

Nice truck by the way.

endless381

Established Member
LOL I used that same line on a cop before.Good thing the cop that pulled me livee in my neiborhood.He let me off with no ticket but I dont think he belived me thou

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I found out last night that he got two tickets. one for the "street racing" and the other because the vin number on the insurance card is wrong.
last of my vin is 7691 and on our insurance card is says 6791 and he got a $350 ticket. He said he got the insurance to fix the card, they printed him off a new one on the spot, he took that to the courthouse to pleed not guilty, they copied it and said the Judge will look at it.

MurphinAintEasy

Established Member
Dude I would fight that shit if I was him. Just have his insurance company print of a new card and bring that into court with something saying it was a misunderstanding between you and the ins. company. As for the 'racing' try to get it dropped to careless operation.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
lawyers have this secret yet magic formula. I'd go ahead and fork up the money.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Here in FL, I get more revs at red lights from kids in big trucks (gas and diesel) than anything else. I don't think the type of vehicle involved will make a difference to a judge.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
some interesting events have unfolded in this old thread.

first my brother went to the insurance company and they printed off a card right there and he went directly to the court house, he gave them the ticket and proof of insurance. and the person behind the counter said they would be in contact with them....

then about two weeks later my brother gets a final notice in the mail about not replying to either ticket.... so he goes and pleeds not guilty to the racing ticket.. and I assume the insurance ticket at the same time...

another 2 weeks go by. my brother gets mail from the court saying he missed his hearing so he basically losses. now his license is supposed to be susspended for 6 months starting the 1st of oct.

He said he talked to out laywer and there is basically nothing he can do because he has no proof he never got any paperpwork in the mail about a court date. Also that he does not qualify for a LWL (limited work license). I really think he has atleast a fight here but it seams the lawyer doesnt see much he can do....

Ive gotten racing tickets before have always been able to atleast work a a deal out no matter what. any ideas???

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
so he goes and pleeds not guilty to the racing ticket.. and I assume the insurance ticket at the same time...

any ideas???

If he went before a judge and pleaded "not guilty" there will be a record of the hearing. They are usually audio recorded. Additionally, the judge would have annotated the file with the date and the NG plea.

Users who are viewing this thread