young kid wipes out his 350z

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
This happened down the street from me. If I ever have kids, they are going to have to work to buy their first car no matter how much money I have. When i was younger, I was a moron, and it takes time to be mature enough to drive a faster car.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I've been seeing this on the news the last few days, a real tragedy.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
Damn shame, I know the feeling of the families and friends, do any of you remember the accident on Rt 8 northbound that killed two in a 350 Z on 6-6-06 ? The driver was a great kid and a family friend.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Why the hell is a 16 yo driving a 350Z. Thats like giving your 4 yo a loaded gun. feel bad for the other kids parents (2 15 yo's) that are paying the price.

Last edited:

ogbatman

Established Member
Why the hell is a 16 yo driving a 350Z. Thats like giving your 4 yo a loaded gun. fell bad for the other kids parents (2 15 yo's) that are paying the price.

Good question...:nonono:

My first car was a 83 S-10 blazer top speed 75mph. 1/4 mile 55mph 29sec....:lol1:

I would run out of road before my car can ever get up to a speed to kill anyone.
:lol:

cthunder

Established Member
A POS is what my son is learning and driving. I'm tempted to get a car that can be modded and lower the speed governor and rev limiter. I saw an interesting product, t was basically a lo-jack system, but as a parent you send it a speed limit as well as a time limit... it will e-mail you progress, ie how fast the driver was driving where, and what time.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Damn shame, I know the feeling of the families and friends, do any of you remember the accident on Rt 8 northbound that killed two in a 350 Z on 6-6-06 ? The driver was a great kid and a family friend.

Yeah. The guys here at my work talk about it from time to time like it was yesterday. But we get fresh stories almost weekly about I95, and I91

darkcrayz

Established Member
when i have kids they are gonna get an old pos honda and drive that til it breaks, when they are 23/24 then they can look at getting some power. kids dont understand the responsibility that comes with power and the inherent dangers.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Good question...
My first car was a 83 S-10 blazer top speed 75mph. 1/4 mile 55mph 29sec....
I would run out of road before my car can ever get up to a speed to kill anyone.
yea my first car was a 91 toyota camry station wagon with the weakest motor available. Its was a great way to start out. Couldnt even get up to speed on highway on ramps.

A POS is what my son is learning and driving. I'm tempted to get a car that can be modded and lower the speed governor and rev limiter. I saw an interesting product, t was basically a lo-jack system, but as a parent you send it a speed limit as well as a time limit... it will e-mail you progress, ie how fast the driver was driving where, and what time.

that thing sounds awesome, if i ever go the family and kids route, im rockin that.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Why the hell is a 16 yo driving a 350Z. Thats like giving your 4 yo a loaded gun. fell bad for the other kids parents (2 15 yo's) that are paying the price.

Mom and dad who allowed their punk kid to drive this vehicle should be feeling alot of pain. Since they hold some of the blame, I hope someone holds them partially responsible for the fatality which happened.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
My first car was a 97 Taurus, I was almost 19 when I got my license, so I may have been slightly more mature than the average new driver.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
when i have kids they are gonna get an old pos honda and drive that til it breaks, when they are 23/24 then they can look at getting some power. kids dont understand the responsibility that comes with power and the inherent dangers.

yea it takes time to develop into a responsible logical decision making person. I know for sure that in highschool, even though i was tough hard working kid. I still couldn't make clear decisions among my peers. Why add a powerful sports car to heighten the consequences on the road.
never mind the underage drinking that goes on as well.

Don Juan

Established Member
My first car was an 88 IROC Z,(Not fasr by any means) but I did some stupid stuff in it, I do feel for the kids parents and relatives.

Users who are viewing this thread