Young drivers

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Re: Re: Young drivers

Originally posted by Booyah
It's called life and growing up and you are right, they do have just cause to stereotype you. Just look at Rebel and TonyMontana. :bored:

yea no shit............:nonono:

CobraCallie

Banned
Originally posted by TwoToneFreak
But you have already proven to everyone on this board that you are a complete idiot. Stupid shit as in, romp on it and almost jump a curb in a residential neighborhood, talk about hot wiring your parents car?? :shrug: :burn:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraCallie
uhhh okay :shrug:

I never got any comments like that when I was 16? Do you drive crazy or something? Race a lot? Talk shit a lot?

I was wondering the same thing?:thumbsup:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I never get any comments like yours about my Lightning and I'm 18...they just always ask how fast it is and comment on the color. :shrug:

stang2009

Banned
i have a supercharged 99 cobra and im 16...oh well, i get crap from people all the time..although i did just get a reckless driving ticket..hmmm...

NBMss346

Established Member
I get jumped on a lot, not because they think I'm a bad driver (I have, in fact had one minor fender bender, and one speeding ticket. I have learned my lesson in both cases) but they say "Your Camaro is a five speed (wrong) and you're 19. I don't think you have the skill to drive it fast (wrong again)" I am damn good at shifting my car. I just practice aaaallllll the damn time. I can outdrive all of my friends, even the guys who are 24+ and have driven sticks all their lives. THAT'S what gets ME riled up.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by NBMss346
I get jumped on a lot, not because they think I'm a bad driver (I have, in fact had one minor fender bender, and one speeding ticket. I have learned my lesson in both cases) but they say "Your Camaro is a five speed (wrong) and you're 19. I don't think you have the skill to drive it fast (wrong again)" I am damn good at shifting my car. I just practice aaaallllll the damn time. I can outdrive all of my friends, even the guys who are 24+ and have driven sticks all their lives. THAT'S what gets ME riled up.

Okay, you just showed exactly what people are talking about. Driving is far more than being able to shift your car hard and fast.

NBMss346

Established Member
I know that. I am a good driver on the street. I was telling about MY experiances with the older generation. I don't get racked in the nuts about not having good road manners, but not being able to drive the car itself. I think my post had a little bit of miscommunication in it.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
its ok...you get used to it all the time...i get it especially with my exaust...people are always busting my balls about how im gonna kill myself. yet they are yelling from a minivan full of kids jumping all over the place while on the cell phone and a donut on one of the driving wheels. im not saying im perfect...ive gotten a ticket (exaust) lol...but just dont worry about what people say. i just smile when people compliment and laugh when people try to bust my balls...because it just shows the kind of person they are to roll up to someone they dont know and tell them stuff like that...thats how i take it...so i dont let it get to me...because im not the one rolling up to someone i dont know and telling them they are the idiot

dont take what they have to say for anything unless you have been doing something stupid. it just shows the kind of person they are....so i dont let it get to me. just say thanks to the people who say nice car and give the little kid in the window a thumbs up when he waves :D :thumbsup: i like that more than anything...the little (5 or 6) year old kid who waves or gives a thumbsup:D

Last edited:

taronis

Banned
Originally posted by snakevenom99
Why is it that most adults assume that I can't handle my car? The first comment upon seeing my car are usually: "nice car" followed by "how many tickets" and my favorite "how many wrecks have you been in." I know that they have just cause for they're comments, but being stereo-typed as a fast and the furious wanna be every where I go wears on my nerves. The other day while taking my girlfriend out to eat, a fine patron of the stop light I'm at yells out, "Your going to kill your self in that thing." All the while he is on his cell phone, and was driving with one hand on the wheel, and his kid standing up in the back seat. Oh well, so is life for a stereo-typical seveteen year old. Ah, I fell better now. -John

Seems to me most of those questions come from soulless creeps that drive cars like Saabs, Volvos, Camrys, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles. You know, the kinds of vehicles that people with no vigor drive. People that are unwilling to take charge, make a decision, or take a risk, drive such cars. Wimpmobiles.

Camrys are for the GUTLESS!

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
its ok...you get used to it all the time...i get it especially with my exaust...people are always busting my balls about how im gonna kill myself. yet they are yelling from a minivan full of kids jumping all over the place while on the cell phone and a donut on one of the driving wheels. im not saying im perfect...ive gotten a ticket (exaust) lol...but just dont worry about what people say. i just smile when people compliment and laugh when people try to bust my balls...because it just shows the kind of person they are to roll up to someone they dont know and tell them stuff like that...thats how i take it...so i dont let it get to me...because im not the one rolling up to someone i dont know and telling them they are the idiot

dont take what they have to say for anything unless you have been doing something stupid. it just shows the kind of person they are....so i dont let it get to me. just say thanks to the people who say nice car and give the little kid in the window a thumbs up when he waves :D :thumbsup: i like that more than anything...the little (5 or 6) year old kid who waves or gives a thumbsup:D

Thanks. I wasn't really saying that I was bothered by what they said, I was just wondering why they make vast assumtions about my driving abilities. Of course, now with some of the replies from my post I think I am beginning to see why. Most of my friends I have, have been to racing schools, and their Dads are into racing. I'm starting to see that most teen-age drivers don't respect their cars, or have come to the realization that cars can be a dagerous thing. I was just at my friends house, and he had his one year old nephew there. His nephew was feeling bad so we took him outside when I was leaving, and when I started up my car my exhaust it made him smile, I couldn't help but laugh. Ohwell I know I am a safe driver, so I think I'll listen to the compliments from people, and not the arrogant hipocritical a**holes. -John

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
and give the little kid in the window a thumbs up when he waves :D :thumbsup: i like that more than anything...the little (5 or 6) year old kid who waves or gives a thumbsup:D
I had a little kid sitting in the front seat of a SUV giving my car the look over and pointing at me so his mom could see. I got up right next to him, smilied then dropped it into 1st off of redline from 30 spun em into second and kept going. I slowed back down and the kid was all smiles giving me both thumbs up!!! It made my day.:)

Users who are viewing this thread