you will be missed...

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Thursday night coming home from work i was getting ready to head up north in the morning to attend the Turkey Run in Daytona beach when this happened...

20141128_021943_800x450_zps23133214.jpg

20141128_021915_800x450_zps27c7bd81.jpg

20141128_022004_800x450_zpsb5afb432.jpg

got to see the damage in daylight...

20141128_143232_800x450_zps6489f0b9.jpg

Was at a red light where another accident had just happened and was waiting for the light to turn green when i heard a car slamming the brakes behind me..then boom. happened in front of about 6-7 LEO's that were responding to the other accident at the same intersection. The guy got a ticket for careless driving and causing the accident..

Not sure if its going to be a total loss or not..the B pillar has a fold on it on the drivers side and i dont know if its just the body piece itself or the actual pillar underneath. muffler was bent into the tire along with sheet metal that had it pinched. had to get a crow bar to pull it back and be able to atleast move the car out of the way.

this was literally the day before...had just put some new wheels and tires on the car :(

20141127_140327_800x450_zpsf83364bf.jpg

20141127_140338_800x450_zpsdf7d97cf.jpg

FIVEHOE

Established Member
damn dude that seriously blows. At least no one was hurt (I think?).

Better keep those fingers crossed they total it! But fat chance I'd say : /

Zemedici

Established Member
Jeez that's rough man....car looked great too. I'd take it to any buddies you know that work at body shops to help give a big initial estimate in hopes it gets totalled, that's a hard hit :( it may be totalled though because replacing that taillight is going to be expensive in and of itself, plus exhaust, any rear axle damage, and rear quarter panel it's gonna need you're gonna be close

Glad you're alright though man, cars can be replaced, people can't

Last edited:

GRUSE

Established Member
That a bummer,hope your not to banged up.Did the airbags deploy?
If you can do what Zemedici said,get it to a friends shop who will lead the adjuster towards totaling it.Then buy it back on the cheep.Your sig shows some decent mods on that car.So it may workout to your benefit.
Sorry about your loss,good luck.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Did the driver have any excuses, probably was texting or on the phone. Atleast the wheels are fine, hopefully all goes well.

Last edited:

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Looks pretty bad but glad you're okay!
How does the driver door open and close?
Gaps around the driver window still look good?

May just need a couple pulls, quarter panel, rear body panel...... Good as new...... Well..... Almost!

SV

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Damn good thing the car didnt hit you any harder. Well that depends did you want it to be a total?

My ex got rear ended pretty bad by someone in a tacoma probably texting and damn near could have killed her. The back seats of her mazda 3 were crushed, if anyone was back there they would have been dead. Anyways, good thkng youre ok, time to upgrade to a 15 5.0! Or do as king said, save up for a gt350!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Did they total it out?

My fusion looked similar and they fixed it. For as bad as it looked it was only 6500 in repairs and they had valued my car at $10,5 at the time (which was laughable but can't really argue).

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
I doubt that will total. We are fixing a crv right now which is worth a lot less. And the damage is to the whole side. Got t boned. It needs two new doors, the whole quarter, floor pulled, rear body panel and floor pan in the rear. Not to mention rear seats and panels. Like someone said you better hope it totals.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Well that certainly sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you. I hope it all works out in you favor, and hopefully the rim isn't messed up. Friggin people.

Last edited:

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
Well that certainly sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you. I hope it all works out in you favor, and hopefully the rim isn't messed up. Friggin people.

Didn't happen to me, I am a painter at a body shop.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Jeez that's rough man....car looked great too. I'd take it to any buddies you know that work at body shops to help give a big initial estimate in hopes it gets totalled, that's a hard hit :( it may be totalled though because replacing that taillight is going to be expensive in and of itself, plus exhaust, any rear axle damage, and rear quarter panel it's gonna need you're gonna be close

Glad you're alright though man, cars can be replaced, people can't

agreed. give them a huge initial estimate and then also tell them a number of what a supplement would be. any kind of hit like that will always have a supplement. yeah exhaust isnt cheap, axle damage, quarter panel (price a ford oem quarter), probably has unibody damage back under the truck pan.

People cant be replaced but your car can be as already been said several times! I agree with total it and then buy back, profit and get another one!

Users who are viewing this thread