You tube race video's

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
My new video will be up tomorrow, I have a '13 running me on blower. He was supposed to run me on my 75 too, but never came back to the meet. They run strong from a roll for sure.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Im not sure. His friend said "that 125 wasnt enough for you huh". I said he has nitrous Nd his friend said uh oh. Lol. So im not sure how long he has had it

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Im not sure. His friend said "that 125 wasnt enough for you huh". I said he has nitrous Nd his friend said uh oh. Lol. So im not sure how long he has had it

Lmao!! I hafta admit tho, u didnt go around as hard as i thought u would and judging by the ricer shut down he wasnt too far behind.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Hey, Franz !!!!

Troy, the guy you met and the driver of the Mustang, says that the car has the Roush blower pushing 9 lbs of boost, meth injection, full exhaust (minus cats), an ATI balancer and underdrive pulley (IIRC), and his custom tuning (he's a shop owner and respected Ford tuner). He didn't metion RWHP, but as he's a heads-up racer, he probaly wouldn't divulge that information anyways :-D . He was trapping 125, so he is making some real nice power. The big thing is that he's running an automatic, so that combo is going to be real tough to beat on the track.
A total sleeper of a car.

We are going to have a rematch in another 60 days or so, when it gets a bit cooler. DA's that night hovered in the low 3100's, with ambiet temps in the high 70's (felt real nice for us Phoenicians :D ), so I took a big hit in IAT's and ECT's with my stock tune.

FYI....my first trap speed was 122.9 MPH (because of the 223+ ECT's at the time of the run). My 11.31 run I couldn't shift into 4th gear as the clutch pedal was on the floor (common for Z06 clutch)...I coasted the last 200 feet to a 117 MPH trap:loser:. My traps are usually 124-125 in the summer.....127-129 in cold air.

Troy's car pulled a 7.1@99 for the 1/8th vs my 7.3@98 , so he was reeling me in ever so slowly this night on the front end. I tree'd him and out 60' him this night, which was my only saving grace, being down in power. The 1000' traps showed us both in the 115+ MPH range, so we were in a dead heat at that point.

Thanks V, I knew you'd come through with the numbers. Looking forward to watching the re-match!

Best part about that 5.0 is that it's quiet. Seeing that thing pull up for the burnout with the stock ugly wheels and the tame exhaust I was like- Man, this guy is about to get waxed. I couldn't believe it!

Also looking forward to our side-by-side roll ons with my 500. At the rate I'm accruing miles I should be good to go in about three weeks. Don't mod your car in the meantime and try to sandbag me! :poke:

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
Thanks V, I knew you'd come through with the numbers. Looking forward to watching the re-match!

Best part about that 5.0 is that it's quiet. Seeing that thing pull up for the burnout with the stock ugly wheels and the tame exhaust I was like- Man, this guy is about to get waxed. I couldn't believe it!

Also looking forward to our side-by-side roll ons with my 500. At the rate I'm accruing miles I should be good to go in about three weeks. Don't mod your car in the meantime and try to sandbag me! :poke:

No problemo, bud.
That car is a total sleeper........I think it's a no option car, so it's as light of a Gt 5.0 as you can get......and so unassuming. He'll go high 10's easily when it get's a bit cooler out, so it's going to be a hell of a race between us. I can't outshift a properly setup and tuned auto tranny, so I'll have to counter with a superior tree and 60' times again.

I think Troy is going to suprise many a car, including other Mustangs, with his setup.

No mods for me....probably not until next year. I might need that clutch installed before the end of the year, but I don't think that would give me any performance advantages.

I'm just as interested as anyone else as to how these two cars compare against one another. It's safe to say that any dragstrip competition would require a GT500 owner with some considerable seat time and experience before they line up across from an experienced Z06 driver like me.

The roll on's will take most of the driver skill's out of the equation.
I'll get a certain stock 2008 Viper to join in on our little fun as well :D

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Lmao!! I hafta admit tho, u didnt go around as hard as i thought u would and judging by the ricer shut down he wasnt too far behind.

I left at 2200. Short shifted to 2nd. When i passed him i lifted and goosed it the rest of the way.

There is another vid of the run and you can here me doing it. I could have put 2 or 3 on him. Plus i was on some borrowed worn out mt drag radials

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I left at 2200. Short shifted to 2nd. When i passed him i lifted and goosed it the rest of the way.

There is another vid of the run and you can here me doing it. I could have put 2 or 3 on him. Plus i was on some borrowed worn out mt drag radials

Gotcha. So u were borderline playing with him! Bad ass!!

What do bolt on, 125 shot 5.0's typically trap? Around 120-123?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

yep....have a buddy with an auto 5.0, some bolt ons, tune and 125 shot...when he hits it, hes trapping 120 at the track...and that was on worn out tires

ebrow21

Established Member

I certainly hope not. My old 4klb 2006 GT convertible trapped 121 on a 125shot, and my intake/tune/xpipe/tire auto 12 trapped 117 in +1500DA two weeks ago.

If the car is setup right, there is no reason it shouldn't trap high 120's easily.

yep....have a buddy with an auto 5.0, some bolt ons, tune and 125 shot...when he hits it, hes trapping 120 at the track...and that was on worn out tires

See above.

Haha. Now I know next time he wants to run me in the 5.0

You all ever head out to NPR? I would invite ya to Baton Rouge, but with things the way they are here it wouldn't be worth anyone's time.

Myfast70

Established Member
Hey, Franz !!!!

FYI....my first trap speed was 122.9 MPH (because of the 223+ ECT's at the time of the run). My 11.31 run I couldn't shift into 4th gear as the clutch pedal was on the floor (common for Z06 clutch)...I coasted the last 200 feet to a 117 MPH trap:loser:. My traps are usually 124-125 in the summer.....127-129 in cold air.

Off topic quests but how often do you change your clutch fluid? I had a 4th gen camaro that had the typical clutch sticking issues too. On big help was constantly changing the clutch fluid. If I had it out and was pounded thru the gears a bit I would always change the clutch fluid. I would always find little black floaties in the fluid in the reservoir.

Since I started changing the fluid frequently all of the sticking issues went completely away. I just used a little suction bulb (can be found at any hobby shop) and removed just the fluid in the reservoir and then refilled. Kind of a hassle but was worth never having issues again.

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
I change out my clutch fluid before and after a night at the track.....both HPDE and 1/4 track events. At 65K miles on my original clutch, it's just getting a little long in tooth :)

Users who are viewing this thread