you think this is a good deal?? cause i do!!

roadwarrior60

Established Member
so i'm searching thru auto trader for a terminator.......and i find an 03 torch red vert with less than 7500 miles(yeah thats right 7500 not 75000) and thew thing looks brand freakin new. well it ends up that its a a dealership that one of my old coworkers husband works at and they are asking like $29k( which i think is kinda high, but not too bad considering the low miles) so i call my friend and see whats going on with the car. he says he took it in for $21k and if its still there he says he could probably get it to me for "about $22.5"!! so needless to say, i'm freakin ecstatic!!(sp?) he is going to call me topmorrow and let me know if its still there, and figure out the minimum price that he could sell it to me. not really into having a vert, but for that price with such low miles........i think i could deal with it:banana::banana::pepper::pepper:

that was random i know, but im excited so i had to share:thumbsup: wish me luck on having a cobra in my garage again:rockon:

Don Juan

Established Member
Make sure you checked as much as you can on the car before you pony up the cash, sometimes people get blinded by the "amazing deal" that they totally forget to check the basic things.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
you will love a vert as long as you dont want "racecar"

hell ill buy it for 24K$ from ya.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Saving a few grand isn't worth not getting the car you want. Hell there are cars with less than 30k miles on them going for that kind of money or less, you just have to look.

Make sure you checked as much as you can on the car before you pony up the cash, sometimes people get blinded by the "amazing deal" that they totally forget to check the basic things.

x2 i bought a rio red 97 cobra for $10,000 with only 48,000 miles on it, on ebay in 2006 (well under the value!), and the buyer (an old guy) forgot to list it, and it didn't show up in the pics, and I got there to pick it up, and I was bummed about the sunroof, but the car still smelled brand new, it ran perfect, and the paint was so beautiful...it was a 9 year old car, that looked, smelled and ran like brand new.

about 4 months later, that sunroof started giving me big problems...so i wasn't really too bummed when a little old lady broadsided me when she ran a red light in October of 2006.

roadwarrior60

Established Member
dont settle for a vert

well honestly, i dont HATE verts. i have had them before. wasn't what i had my eye out for, but it is a good lookin car:-D

you will love a vert as long as you dont want "racecar"

hell ill buy it for 24K$ from ya.

well i'm not going to lie, it will hit the track at times. but i work too much to be there all the time:kaboom: i'm not lookin for a dedicated track car.

Saving a few grand isn't worth not getting the car you want. Hell there are cars with less than 30k miles on them going for that kind of money or less, you just have to look.

its not that i absolutely do not want a vert, i just wasn't planning on getting one. i'm not completely opposed to having one at all, obviously the car caught my eye so there must be something about it that makes me want it in my driveway:burnout:

Nile

Down, but not out.
Established Member
its not that i absolutely do not want a vert, i just wasn't planning on getting one. i'm not completely opposed to having one at all, obviously the car caught my eye so there must be something about it that makes me want it in my driveway:burnout:

Possibly the price? Hm?:poke:

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
hmm...i'd DEFINATELY be suspicious of thsi deal. I'd be payin for a carfax for that vehicle alone. Nothing in life is free, MUCH LESS such a high demand sports car.

You'd be crazy not to suspect something here

roadwarrior60

Established Member
Possibly the price? Hm?:poke:

actually its listed at almost $30k, and i didn't realize it was at a dealership that my friend worked at till tonight(i found it this morning before work). but honestly, when i found out how much he might be able to knock off the price.......i became more interested:thumbsup: i'm going to go test drive it tomorrow and see how i like it. i have a feeling the mod bug is gonna start bugging me again soon:burnout::burnout:

roadwarrior60

Established Member
hmm...i'd DEFINATELY be suspicious of thsi deal. I'd be payin for a carfax for that vehicle alone. Nothing in life is free, MUCH LESS such a high demand sports car.

You'd be crazy not to suspect something here

its not much of a deal if i bought it at list price(almost 30k). i have a friend who is the fleet manager at the dealership the car is at. he said they gave 21k for it, and could probably get it to me for 22.5k. but dont worry, i will definately be running a carfax on it.

roadwarrior60

Established Member
yeah so now im bummed:cryying: i just got a call from the guy who "could give me a good deal on that car" and magically the price went up 6k:shrug: he said he 'looked at the wrong car" (even though i gave him the stock number) and now says that the best he could do is 27k. still not bad i know, but come on. he looked it up last night and said they only gave 21k for it on trade in, and now that he gets to work he found out that they gave 26k for it. guess you really cant trust a car salesman whether he is your friend or not:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread