you might not like this story LEO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Sunday I met up with some fellow stangers, and we chilled for a few hours. I just got my rearend built so I was feeling the go fast bug. So the crew decides to cruise out for a little drive and I'm feeling good so I do two flyby's to showoff or what not and on my last pull I see the police pull up behind me. So at this point Im like holy shit I F'd up.

The cop comes up to the car and immediately asks for my license and registration, then ask if I was going to see the doctor about my problem, and I ask what problem and he says "the problem with your lead foot". I laugh(nervously) and he smiles and goes to his vehicle. He comes back 5 minutes later and says its my lucky night, and I ask why and his exact words were "you were going so fast that I didnt get a chance to clock you so I cant legally give you a ticket, all I can do is give you a ticket for changing lanes illegally without signaling but I give those out allday so go see a doctor about that foot". I stuck my hand out and asked to shake his hand and said THANK YOU at least 10 times. He shook my hand and said "nice MACH but slow down!".

I went on my merry way and had a smile ear to ear for the rest of the night not even going one mph over the speed limit. I dont believe in luck but shit happens and I will be a more responsible driver, but Im sure I'll get the go fast bug again but will not go that fast again on a residential street.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Why wouldn't we like this story? Sounds like you had a positive run in with a gearhead cop who knows what it's like to want to romp on it once in a while. Can't say I haven't done the same exact thing before (except for ricers, they always get summonses) I kid! I kid!

Not all cops are dicks all the time, ya know!

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Legally he could have given you a ticket for exceeding the posted speed, radar is not the only way to do it. But I like the story and seems not only did you get a nice break but you learned a lesson. Take care and watch your surroundings

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
You're right. I didn't like the story. No happy ending.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
That's awesome man. I got caught speeding one time, I knew I was ****ed so I pulled over before he pulled out. He pulled up along side of me and said nice cobra, please slow down. I replied thank you sir and ill definitely do that, he said have a good night and left. They're definitely not all dicks, just gotta watch out for the ones who are.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
As long as you are gracious to the fact the Cop gave you a huge break, im ok with this...

tnuce10

Established Member
That's awesome!

Same thing has happened to me twice before. The second time was in my POS Blazer...I didn't even know that hunk of shit could break 35mph

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I think when cops give you a break, the lesson learned sticks harder because you know that doesn't happen often.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. It was a very good lesson learned, and I will keep my eye out even more next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread