You have $950. burning a hole in your pocket...

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
So if you had $950 bucks burning a hole in your pocket what kind of mods would you buy for your stang? I do need new struts and I'm thinkin about getting a new front bumper, wing, mufflers, strut tower brace. I know that all probably won't fit in the budget but I'm just trying to figure out what I really want.

Last edited:

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
Depends on the goal for your car. Course/Drag/Both? I don't see you having full exhaust so I would go that route. If you have a little left over, get a gear. Appearance mods hold no value to me, if it looks stock and hauls ass, more power to you. I don't really see the point of any aftermarket visual modifications other than to just look cool, not really my style.

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
FuryShift said:
By the sig I'd say he has a GT.
Yeah, thats ok though. I'd just like to see what everyone else would do, performance before appearance or whatever. :thumbsup:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Set of upper/lower control arms and Tokiko shocks/struts. Springs and camber/caster plates too. Just get the Steeda 'standard' plates, theres no need to blow money on the super-duper ones they have now. Skip the control arms if its too much for now, you dont want to have to take apart the struts twice for springs later.

Maybe some weld in subbies (the parts are cheap, about 85 bucks)if you can squeak it in there $ wise, they do wonders for any Fox-4 mustang.

The subframe connectors, strut tower braces and control arms take out so much flex in the car you think that they are made out of rubber if you drove a stock one again later. It makes it a much better CAR Spend money on that stuff first. Exhaust, underdrives, gears, aluminum driveshaft, tune, and the newer pleniums do wonders for GT's. Get the car to put power down effectively, and reduce drivetrain rotating mass and increase airflow first. Then bolt on power adders later. You want to make the car work at its full potential without adding any strain(actually reducing it with those mods), then add on a good foundation later. With that list and a shifter upgrade, it feels much more like a sports car. You have to make each mod compliment the others, just bolting on a throttle body doesn't do shit. Another must-do mod for them is upgrading the front brakes to cobra/mach/bullitt specs with SS lines. Kits are about $500 and they are easy to install.

NM saw the mods :bash:

Weld in subbies, strut tower brace, tokiko(blue) shocks and upper/lower control arms should be about 950 installed.

Last edited:

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Nothing wrong with looking good man. I would personally do some 4.10 gear, a cat-back and x-pipe. Sound good, pick up some power, and the 4.10s help you get going quick. Then a nice front bumper and spoiler, w/e would be sweet. I'd do a little bit of performance, saved money again, got it how I wanted it to look, then do some more performance. :)

nugen

Established Member
That's not enough to get something really good. Invest it and wait a while then reward your patience with something nice!

Users who are viewing this thread