You guys wont guess what happend!!!!

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
I got a call from Sacramento CHP last night. One year and seven months after my Cobra was stolen it has been found!!! The told me that the plates are gone and the people that took it tried to mess up the VIN# but other than that the car is in great shape. They are investigating right now and said they will call me back with in 24 hours to come pick the car up! I gave up hope a long time ago on getting that car back. This is crazy.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Wait, so if you get it back, will the insurance want their money (or some of it) back?

Don't know if I'd want the car back, but it's always nice to have your Cobra returned to you. :rockon:

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
OK, Law says they have to settle inside of a month, so they paid my loan off a long time ago. However, ive been on the phone with them, once i get it back they will send someone out and we'll have to find a price for me to buy back. The good thing is that blue book is like 3200 but this car is now salvaged so i should get a great deal on it.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Insurance co. should give you a great price for it. Remember that with a salvage title, it won't be worth much if you try to sell it. You might as well keep it and drive it or part it out.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
That is the craziest thing ive ever heard. Cops usually find stolen cars in 3 ways: on fire, in random pieces, or in random pieces that are on fire.

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Insurance co. should give you a great price for it. Remember that with a salvage title, it won't be worth much if you try to sell it. You might as well keep it and drive it or part it out.

The 93 cobra is one of the cars that ive wanted since i was like 13. No matter what im not going to try to sell this car. I plan on passing it on to my kids...once i have some.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Awesome news man! It's great to hear a "happy ending" to all of the "someone stole my Mustang" threads going around :thumbsup: Hopefully more will turn out like this one did :)

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
You: 1
Thief: 0

I'm, so glad that one '93 Cobra is back to its righful owner. I might buy my neighbor's if I can ever get him to sell it. It's the first SVT AND the first Fox-body Stang I've ridden in. I love it, and so does he. I just wanna give it a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread