You guys tinted yet?

Cat Breath

Established Member
fd9bc61c.jpg

:rolling::rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Last edited:

Evilcartman

Established Member
I don't have the car yet, but I have a good tint man lined up. That is exactly what my car will look like. Sweet!

B

blown03cobra

what percentages did you go with.... back window, little side, and side........................... What do yall think would look the best... Im thinking really dark like limo tint in the rear and little side windows and then medium on the sides. opinions please:beer:

Cat Breath

Established Member
The tint shop had only three grades of the good 'titanium' tint. Only the lightest of which is legal here in Colorado. I didn't want and legal hassles so I told the guy to go with the legal tint. When it was done, he told me he put on the mid range tint (something with the number 16 in it). :bash: He said I wouldn't have been happy with the legal tint, that it would have looked milky and bad, and the mid tint is what everyone gets anyway. Oh well. It looks great, now I just need to hope none of these Denver cops with the tint testers (little device they slip over your rolled down window) give me a hard time. Hopefully my vet plates will help in that department. :beer:

B

blown03cobra

thanks for the quick response.... I talked to a guy just now and It is going to be $179.00 with everything included (no tax, just flat fee) and it is the "metalized" when he told me that I was wondering if it was that "ghetto" shiney crap and he said that is wasnt, just new stuff they use. Here in Texas they are VERY lenient on tint %'s so I will post pics when I get them. After they do it, they told me to leave it with them for a day, and then bring it back in two days so that they could go over the rear window again and squeeze it out to make those little bumps on our upper window take the tint...... Not to shabby I think for 179 bucks. Oh yeh, it has a lifetime warrantee against anything, Including scratches.:beer:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Yeah Id leave my 03 with the window tint guys all day. Im making an appointment with mine and it shouldnt take more than an hour based on my last cobra:coolman:

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by StreetSnake
Yeah Id leave my 03 with the window tint guys all day. Im making an appointment with mine and it shouldnt take more than an hour based on my last cobra:coolman:

this is very true.... Im also having a K40 installed up in college station cause i got a gift certificate to a audio shop up there and im afraid of leaving it also... I figure I can let them know that I am aware of the mileage on the vehicle when I drop it off and that I better see it that way when i get back and make them sign something....... what do yall think

Cat Breath

Established Member
Heh heh. I took time off from work so I wouldn't have to leave my car. What exactly are you going to do if they put 1 or 2 miles on it? Take them to small claims court? Demand $20 off on the work they did? Not really much you can do except jump up and down and bad mouth them into an apology. :cuss: How much is piece of mind worth? To me, it was worth babysitting them till the job was done..

Evilcartman

Established Member
Blown03Cobra, I got a guy that has done my last 5 cars. He is on hwy 3 and the place is called "Clear lake Glass Tinting - 281-488-8885". I think he is going to charge me about $140 and it comes with the same warrenty and he uses many different brands and types of tints. In Feb. this year I had him redo my '93 because it was slightly faded after being in the sun for 3 years. No charge! He does a very good job and work saturday's so you can hang with your car. Plus, he is not some kid that just works there, he owns the shop. Just an FYI.

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u

Thanks....From what I can tell I can get 35 in the front and even darker for the rear in missouri at least. Am I wrong?

Yeah, looks like you can get 35% on the side windows and as dark as you want on the other three windows.

I shall be getting 5% (limo) on all windows just like i have on my GT now. I dont think i could drive a car without dark tint anymore.

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
i went w/ 5 % on the back and small side glass windows, 35% on the sides (legal) and a 20% strip on the front windshield.. check my pics below
sky

KingKobra

Established Member
Rob03,

I know we both live in N. Virginia, so I thought I'd ask... have you tinted yours? I'm not really interested in getting an illegal tint job, but I wanted to see if the legal limit in Virginia is even worth it.

I never really understand how people get away with pitch black windows, but some do...

K.K.

Rob03

Established Member
Kingkobra,

No I haven't got mine tinted yet. I'm not sure the legal limit will make that big of a difference. If you decide to go past it, rest assured it will be checked by someone sometime...I probably will make up my mind when I see a car at the legal VA limit like you. Let me know if you see someone and how it looks.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

riplightning

Established Member
Blown03,

There is a guy up here in North West Houston that does a great Job on tint. He tents all the BMW's at NW BMW. He did my tint for $120. He can even paint in the little dimples so you won't see them through the tint. Let me know (PM me) if you would like his name and number.

Users who are viewing this thread