You Guys Running Prochargers Big Red..Anyone Not Running it open all the time?

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Question for you guys running the Big Red Procharger Race Blow Off Valve.

Anyone not running vaccum to it and leaving it closed all the time except when it opens after Throttle Closing?

Mine is super loud, its open all the time except for in Boost but it sounds like air plane taking off.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if it didnt have vacuum how would it open when you let off the throttle? It needs to be open to vent all that pressure...otherwise it has nowhere to go but back into the blower

i got the recirculating valve but its not on yet. I was thinking about running a hose toward the back of the car and venting it there and if that doesnt work I'll route it back to my power pipe

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
If you dont let it vent at no/part throttle the car will drive like shit and will ruin the seals on the blower. The air from the blower will push on the throttle body butterflies, eventually backup and surge back into the blower itself. Also, if there is no vacuum reference on the valve, it wont vent air when you get out of boost, afaik.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can recirculate it back to the intake. That will muffle it some. Or you can try putting a filter on it. Depending on if you have the open or closed model.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
If you want a super quiet valve try the Tial Alpha Q. I run this to atmosphere and it is very quiet compared the the big red. Also it is a recirculating valve so you can technically configure it to a filter to muffle it more it run it to the intake. Oh and its the cheapest out of the big red and mondo yet still dumps 18lbs for me all day with no surge.

Users who are viewing this thread