you guys run your DNA?

nxhappy

Established Member
curious if you guys have done your DNA? Maybe got surprised?

come to find out, I am 6% black/south African did not see that coming LOL (totally white and Irish/Scottish )

any cool stories? It's funny when your family says one thing, and the test comes out ...

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
My mom got her's done. Found out we have no American Indian like my grandfather claimed. Other than that, we seem to sleep with damn near any northern European that comes along.

Stanger00

Established Member
Heard a story from a friend about their DNA results and he and his twin brother learned their dad was not their birth dad. He said that his mom took a few weeks to come clean with the truth. He said his dad is still his dad though and is not interested in learning who the sperm donor was but is if he has another sibling out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4a7191a

Established Member
I'm 2% African. I asked a guy at work if it would mess up my credit. He said don't tell the bank.
Rest is Germany area of europe , touch of English, Native American and a bunch of Asian country's that make up Native Americans

CV355

_
Established Member
I have thought about it, but having my DNA categorized and labeled with my name on it doesn't sit well with me. What can they do with it right now? Probably nothing. In the future? Who knows...

Then again, if I was cloned, I'd send the clone to work and I'd stay home. Because screw that guy.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I hear doing this really helps you cut the line when entering the matrix.

So no. I don't like tin foil hat thinking but it's not exactly on the top of my to do list. Pay some body to dismantle, categorize, and email me a page about who I am biologically while simultaneously entering me into a database and assigning a number.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Did mine last year and after looking into it today, there was an update. I originally showed 82% England/Wales/NWE and now it's dropped down to 77%. The part I found kind of cool is doing my family tree.
7077D93B-255E-4780-97FD-25D18D98F539.jpeg

Edit: Used Ancestry® | Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History Records

Last edited:

KEVINS

Established Member
Before the internet a relative chased down our ancestors manually and found our great, great, great, great (4?) grandmother who's Native American. He even found a photograph of her which is really interesting. It was always said that we have this lineage but to see a photo of her is pretty special.

I would prefer to see who I'm related too not the ethnicity.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread