you decide 96 or 99 cobra

shelbycobra

Established Member
i can get a 99 red cobra convertible with 94,000 miles on it,it had the fix done to it and the ebrake and rear knuckle changed,my old 96 cobra i can get it back for 7,000.its its in my sig,its triple black with all forged engine and suspension upgrade,but needs painted real bad,let me know what you would do.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I wouldn't want a convertible but if I were you, I would get the old one back. You already have put thousands of dollars of mods into it. Similar mods on the 99 would cost you 4-5k and a lot of headaches.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
With what all is done to that 96, I would go that route. To echo the comment above, to do the equivalent mods on a 99 would put your cost of ownership much higher.

My .02

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
umm...96. Hey, what's wrong with verts?

heavier, noiser on the inside and (from my experiance) they leak.

But other than that, nothing....

Seriously, not trying to offend anyone. Verts can be very cool...I'm just not the biggest fan.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
lol when I saw the title of this thread I was like WTF this is a real question. Ok I know what everyone has told you thus far but what are the specs of your forged engine? Just because you had on in these doesnt make it a great build/great parts or suited to whatever your current desires may be. Can you provide some more info?

shelbycobra

Established Member
96 or 99

my mind was made up for me,i couldnt get my 5,800 back on the 99,so either when i get it i will do stuff to it,or sale it and get my 96 back.

Users who are viewing this thread