Yokohama Ride and Drive was amazing!!

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Today i went to the Silverdome with a buddy of mine because Yokohama was having a driving tour and it was awesome!! They had 5 mustangs (3 V6's :nonono: , and 2 GT's) they had an Autocross track set up with cones in the parking lot. Everyone that came (50 of us, all rim and tire dealers except me, lol) got to take 4 laps on this AUTO X setup. The first was a stock V6 with stock tires, 2nd was a stock V6 with Yokohama tires, 3rd was another Stock V6 with better YOKOhama tires and the 4th run was a GT with the top grade yoko's and a full Eibach suspension kit. Out of 50 people i made it to the top 5, then i came in 4th out of those guys. I was pretty proud of myself, this was my first time doing anything like this and i had a blast! I won a diecast model and a Yokohama T-shirt. Nothing special but it was an awesome day so i thought i would share with you guys! I wanted them to let me take the cobra on the track but they said they cant let me. LOL :-D After all 4 of your runs they let everyone take a ride with a Proffesional drifter, and we were drifting in the parking lot at like 100 mph, it was sooooo sweet!!!!!!! Never experienced anything like that, it was better than a rollercoaster!

Onivlas

Established Member
I really would love to get into a situation like that. I've heard of the Tire Rack doing events, and sponsoring them.

Most I've done with them is buy tires. :D

Great story!

Users who are viewing this thread