Yokohama AVS ES100's

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I'm sorry for reposting this in this section, but the "terminator' section is ridiculous... Too much bullshit and not enough answers, nevermind that in order to find my own thread from yesterday I had to back track 8 pages... of nonesense...

Can anyone in here offer any additional info on these tires...

Here is original thread, http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132865

and here is the body...

Time for tires fellas... The Ecsta kumhos are not working... With it getting cooler and the addition of a CB my first is worthless... The wear is getting bad too... I got almost 15k out of these tires and they worth every penny... But they were cheap, so its not saying much...

I heard some vette guys loving all over the new Kumho MX's, are they worth it?

(I am sticking with factory size)

So which one? Other suggestions welcome...

Kumho MX's
Yokohama AVS ES100's

qtrracer

Established Member
I've had the ES100s on my '01 Cobra Vert for about 14 months - put about 15K on them. So far, they're holding up pretty good and that includes a couple of Auto-X schools (more runs than an event). They are more noisy now than in the beginning, but loud music takes car of that. I've been through one winter too and didn't notice any more slip then a short wheel base, overpowered, rear-wheel drive car has anyway. Not a big fan of snow driving, but I had no choice at the time. Just be respectful in the cold.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Sounds Good... I found them at what I believe an unbelievable price...

So they are going on the rear for now... If i like them, Ill get a set for the fronts.. Otherwise, Ill wait for something stickier for the front set.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
I've had the AVS ES100's before (on a previous car) and liked them a lot. They are excellent handlers and are great for wet traction (and dry as well). There are better dry traction tires out there but they will cost you a lot more. It is a good bang-for-the-buck tire IMO. When my stock front tires wear out the AVS ES100's will be ordered for replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread