Yokohama AVS ES100's

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Time for tires fellas... The Ecsta kumhos are not working... With it getting cooler and the addition of a CB my first is worthless... The wear is getting bad too... I got almost 15k out of these tires and they worth every penny... But they were cheap, so its not saying much...

I heard some vette guys loving all over the new Kumho MX's, are they worth it?

(I am sticking with factory size)

So which one? Other suggestions welcome...

Kumho MX's
Yokohama AVS ES100's

mmmmmmyfault

Banned
i have the es 100's on my srt4......
they grip pretty well.
dont know about the tread life though, i just put them on

a94cobra

Established Member
I had the ES100's. I only had them for 8k miles or so. They are still on the car, just got a new car. They were good tires. I would buy them again, and probably will when the Goodyears are wore out. I got them for around $130 early in the year. I didn't do many tire spins in them, but the ones I did do they did good. Nothing like a DR.

I can't comment on the Kumho's.

apollo7

Established Member
I had the ES 100's. Nice in the summer, but downright scary in winter (grip like glass). Wouldn't recommend if it gets cold in your neck of the woods.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Thanks guys...

The ES100's are cheaper than the mx's...

Anyone have both?

Anyway, Im in Atlanta... so the temp doesnt get too low... freezing is usually the worst it gets... =)

03reptile

Established Member
I have the ES100s on my 03. They have been on for about a year now and are wearing very well. They are great in warm weather, but move a little bit in cold. In their defense, the original factory tires acted the same way in colder weather and I think the 100's have better wet weather grip. Another perk is they are designated the same size as the Goodyears yet the tread is a full inch wider and they fill the wheel wells nicely. I have noticed they are a little noisy on the highway due to the agressive tread pattern but their wet dry adhesion is very good. I will buy another set and also am going to put a set on my wife's 96 SHO.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
MX's are OKAY....they kinda suck too though! The ASX is their new all-season tire....it has lots of grip, good thread pattern ans it Y rated (168 mph). :coolman:

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I saw it right after you posted about it...

Looks like an all season tourer...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yup, great for us up north though. I've taken it up to 145-150 or so and it still rides as smooth as glass. I love these tires! Only these and Nittos for my summer tires.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Everyone says they are the replacement for the p7000... The tire guy I talked to says he puts them on Porsches everyday...

Apparently the MX's are on NAT'L backorder. The AVS ES100's look good or the Pirelli, I'd rather grab the MX... But I have to wait for it...

Now it's even worse...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yeah dude! The MX's are pretty good from what I've heard. I really like the look of those Yoko AVS's though. :coolman: If I needed some summer tires it'll either be those or some Nitto NT 555's.

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
The Pirelli PZero Nero's are on my short list, planning on picking some up within the next month or so. I had Pirelli P7000's on my GT, and they were pretty good.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Went with the ES100's... After I get my CB realigned (noticed something at the shop)... I'll give my impressions. I was driving on Ecsta 712's... So I'm looking to be impressed...

Give me a day or two to work the slick layer off the tires =)

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
yeah the Supra 712's aren't that great of a tire! You'll probably love those yokos...

Users who are viewing this thread