Yikes, I'm getting snow tires tommorow !!

fast95pony

Established Member
I thought I could get away with the stock tires til next winter.
But after sliding through 3 intersections this morning and just about wetting my drawers, I've changed my mind.
The ABS kicked in whenever I TOUCHED the brakes.I was only going 20 km/h and the car just would not stop.
:shrug:

Anyways I'm getting Blizzacks or Aplins on the stock rims.

Alan

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Thank goodness!!

I've had the Alpins for 3 months, and I like them alot. My wife has the blizzaks on her v-6 accord, and those work well too. I think the Alpins are a little more straightline oriented, more SVTF focused. Good luck!

NHSVTF

Established Member
BLIZAK OR BUST!

I have the Blizak WS-50s and they are incredable. The traction difference is unbelievable. I wish I could do some better e-breaking though. The Blizaks are just too stick...for the best though.

I really like 'em in deep snow too. Turn off the T/C and power up anything. I've had to go over roads w/ 6"+ of snow on 'em....the only thing holding me back was the front air dam.

good luck.

NHSVTF
2002 Sonic Blue

fast95pony

Established Member
Okay, I've ordered Blizzaks, 215/45-17 LM-22's . The whole lot including mounting and balancing is $1200. Not cheap ,but less expensive than a wreck !!

While I was at it, I got silly and ordered 4 Ford Racing rims to mount the stock tires on for summer. I had a crappy week at work ,and decided to blow some dough to cheer myself up !!

Everything shows up next week .

:burnout: :coolman:

Alan

NHSVTF

Established Member
Good luck alan. You'll be amazed at the difference. Where'd you get 'em from? I ordered mine from tirerack.com, had to get the whole set road-force balanced a week later 'cus I couldn't handle the vibration. Set me back another $70! Hope you have better luck.

Matt

2002 Sonic Blue #3807

fast95pony

Established Member
I ordered them from a local store, KalTire. tirerack.com have great prices , but the exchange rate , customs duty charges etc., kill us up here.

Alan

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
The timing of these posts could not be better. I've been driving mine all winter wondering if it was me or the Conti's. Absolutely no side grip. I can hang the tail out on a dusting. We've had almost no snow all winter but 1/2" this AM was an experience. I used to run Blizzaks on my wife's Prelude SI and I loved 'em. Sounds like I'll need a set for next year. I think I'll try to guts out the rest of this one.

Later

Chris

NHSVTF

Established Member
Chris, a set of snows is cheeper then body work and jacked insurance rates. I know that I sure as hell couldn't stop with the conti's in the snow. Those things suck when the white stuff comes. Then again mines a daily driver. I'm putting way too many miles on it way too fast.

Matt

2002 Sonic Blue # 3807

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
Matt

Mine's a daily driver too but not very far. I agree on the smartest route, unfortunately Uncle Sam is cleaning me out, so no bucks for a while. I don't have too much whoa trouble here in town but cornering is a definite bummer. I drive the SVT when it snows 'cause my wife won't. She take the van and my 'coupe sits at home. Hopefully next week I can get the computer upgrade. Then when the snow melts, off to the drags, etc.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread