Yet another tire ???

Gray5.0

Established Member
Coming up to the end of my rear tires life and I'm curious what would be best. Currently I have 305/40/18 nitto 555r. They hook well and only need these for the streets as I am getting another rear set up for the track. So what is going to get good wear and still hook well. I was thinking m/t et streets but my buddy told me nittos are better on the streets. So what to do.....

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post Gray5.0. We would be happy to help you select a new tire model.

What year and model Mustang do you have? What are your rear wheel dimensions? How many miles did you see out of your NT555R's?

Gray5.0

Established Member
I have a 2013 5.0 the rear wheels are 18x10 not sure on the miles I got the wheels and tire from a buddy who said he had them on there for 1000 miles but I think they were involved in lots of burn outs.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Matt may have some additional suggestions but I'd recommend looking into the 295/40R18 size. The Falken RT615K is available in this size and this tire has a 200UTQG. They won't be as sticky off the line but this tire has a reinforced sidewall and they will give your vehicle better handling and response in corners over the 555R.

Here's a link: Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

Users who are viewing this thread