yet another texas front plate story

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
well 3 or 4 months back i get pulled over for the first time for my plate being in the dash, he gives me a verbal warning and i go on my way and i just keep it in the dash not worrying, well a few months later the same officer pulls me over again and this time gives me a written warning then explains to me that it just has to be visible from 300 feet theres no specific law stating it have to put it on my bumper so i say cool and im on my way, i put it on my passenger side visor and about 2 weeks later i get pulled over again by a different guy, he says "it has to be bolted to your front bumper" i say sir, i was pulled over by officer "....." and he explained to me that it just had to be visible from 300 feet, he then replied no the law says it has to be bolted to the front bumper and you can look it up online if you want to, he writes me a warning and im on my way, but i believe he pulled me over for suspicion because another friend was following me and we both got pulled over (2 terminators), anyhow the plate is still in the visor and im just gonna put a printout of the front lp law in my glove box, i recently got an email from the state on the issue, and out of the chance that im gonna get flamed, yes i am young and i no i dont have a frame around my rear license plate

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
I have been pulled over for no front license plate in the front before. I think it pointless to even ticket for the violation. Cant you just put it on the bumper and have the ticket dismissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread