yet another pulley idler and tune question

69Mach1351w

Established Member
Ok,
I just bought a 2.77 razors edge pulley.
To get my car running with the pulley i will have to get:
a new gatorback belt (does anyone know the belt # i need)
a tuner or chip of some sort (im steerin towards predator)
new idlers -- thats where i got the main question
a pulley puller

i still need a daily driver, so, with the 2.77 what lb idlers should i go with.

and off of the little list i have above, is there anything else i need. I Have a KnN CAI and flowmaster C/b?

sorry for repeating the same question
Mark

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Yes you will need to get a tune, either a predator which will work fine or the SCT Xcal2 which seems to be the popular choice now, get whichever your local tuner uses. The rest of your questions can be answered on Doug's site. Everyone here will tell you his products are the best so the quality obviously speaks for itself.
www.billetflow.com
Also dont be scared to spend lots of time using the search feature, almost every question you'll ever have has been answered many times. There is a wealth of info that is at your fingertips on these cars.

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Since you are in Raleigh, give Randy a call at Haywood custom speed and tell him Torrey and Will from Charlotte sent you that way.

Now, with just the upper pulley, you should be able to re-use your stock belt or grab a 74". If you wanna replace all of your idlers, get the 3-100mm with bracket and 1-92mm...then you will need to replace your belt for one that is I think 74.5". If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me. Also, either the Predator or the X-Cal2 is a good handheld to tune with.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
If you'd like, give us a call at the shop at 303-783-DYNO and we can get you headed down the right track. We also tune with Diablo and can get you a Predator with a custom tune on it!

69Mach1351w

Established Member
i think first i will get the tuner, so i could use that even before the pulley install, while i save for the idler.

thanks again
mark

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread