Yet another plug question

Cornstang

Roll Tide Roll!
Established Member
I just ordered some new plugs from RPM outlet. I ordered the NGKTR7IX V-power Iridium sparkplug. Is the recommended gap for this plug .035? I have seen most everyone with a gap of .035 or .038 but I don't recall this particular part number being mentioned. Would the gap for this one be one of the above mentioned? I think it is comparable to the TR6, it is just the "iridium model." Once again, sorry to bother most of you with another plug question. I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks,
Daryl

Last edited:

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
I had my plugs gapped at 0.35 when I had basic bolt ons. Did fine for me, TR6's btw.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Cornstang said:
I just ordered some new plugs from RPM outlet. I ordered the NGKTR7IX V-power Iridium sparkplug. Is the recommended gap for this plug .035? I have seen most everyone with a gap of .035 or .038 but I don't recall this particular part number being mentioned. Would the gap for this one be one of the above mentioned? I think it is comparable to the TR6, it is just the "iridium model." Once again, sorry to bother most of you with another plug question. I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks,
Daryl

They are actually 2 steps colder than stock and 1 step colder than the TR6's. And I gapped mine at .034. Runs and idles smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread