yet another jlt question

adamb258

Established Member
Just bout an 04 cobra and loved teh rai on my mach but was thinking of going with teh cai on teh cobra. How big of a problem is rain driving with the cai? any other problems. I have searched and foun nothing but good but wasnt sure abotu the rain situation.

Thanks,
Adam

04torchred

Established Member
adamb258 said:
Just bout an 04 cobra and loved teh rai on my mach but was thinking of going with teh cai on teh cobra. How big of a problem is rain driving with the cai? any other problems. I have searched and foun nothing but good but wasnt sure abotu the rain situation.

Thanks,
Adam

Tucker is supposed to be getting prefilters that are water resistant. They slip over the filter and help keep water off the filter element itself. CAI is the way to go in my opinion to help keep the IAT down. I am getting one once he gets the prefilters cause his intakes are some of the best in my opinion.

adamb258

Established Member
04torchred said:
Tucker is supposed to be getting prefilters that are water resistant. They slip over the filter and help keep water off the filter element itself. CAI is the way to go in my opinion to help keep the IAT down. I am getting one once he gets the prefilters cause his intakes are some of the best in my opinion.

doest he have an eta for the prefilters?

adamb258

Established Member
will the prefilter effect the amount of air that is able to pass through. I guess i mean will it effect hp or tq?

adamb258

Established Member
i talked to jay about this and he said that rain woudl nto be a problem. I though about it and them amount of suction that woudl have to be present to suck water up a 4" tube would have to be really strong.

I decided just to go ahead with teh CAI

Zman04

Established Member
My buddy has a civic with an AEM intake. He had not installed the bypass valve. And he sucked up water when he hit a puddle and locked the motor up. So it can happen, and I would say a Cobra is sucking more air than a civic. I would reccomend at least putting the pre-filter on it.

adamb258

Established Member
Zman04 said:
My buddy has a civic with an AEM intake. He had not installed the bypass valve. And he sucked up water when he hit a puddle and locked the motor up. So it can happen, and I would say a Cobra is sucking more air than a civic. I would reccomend at least putting the pre-filter on it.

I doubt that AEM intake was 4" in diameter though. PLus look how far teh water woudl have to travel. Woudl it fry the MAS and stop the motor anyway?

acrod

Established Member
ya that aem intake is freaking small and alot shorter in length than the JLT, it wouldn't take much for the water to get sucked in. I've had mine on for about 4 months now and in GA it rains quite a bit. I've hit alot of big puddles, not on purpose mind you, and have had no problem. As long as you don't go wading in water or run through puddles of waterat 75 mph that go up past the bottom lip of your rim you should be ok.

Tucker

As they all said, you would need to be at 6500rpm and drop the car in the lake for the motor to lock up. I think it would shut down do to no air before the water got "up" a 4" tube.
"This is just my opnion and not proven fact" Please do not try to prove me wrong. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread