Yet another Exhaust question

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
So I did a

Lethal off road x
Lethal over the axel
Flowmaster outlaw

I like how loud it is but is super raspy WOT will putting back stock OTA pipes help?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recon

Established Member
Your off-road X is the cause. You can swap the X for an H, and most of the will be gone.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Recon

Established Member
Generally Magnaflows handle rasp very well. If you're wanting loud and I mean LOUD go for Magnapacks.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't mind it being loud just rasp it sounds great until higher in the Rpms then it doesn't sounds like it should imo

MastaAce03

Established Member
Most people say borla touring sound best with the off road mid pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Youll def want the H pipe. The x essentialy combines the two exhaust tracks and pushes them out the two exhaust tracks equally.

An H pipe will keep the two exhuast tracks essentially separate but allow one side to scavenge off the other during opposite bank power pulses. Thats where you get your rumbly muscle car note.

builttodrive

Established Member
A lot of people like to point fingers directly at an x pipe. I'm not saying they aren't more prone to rasp than an H pipe but you can have an X pipe without rasp. I ran my car with manifolds, off road X pipe, and the ford racing SVT1 (Borla Touring) mufflers and had zero rasp. I added long tube headers to the mix and I picked up a little rasp at low RPM with part to half throttle. This is a very short window and I can drive the car without doing it or make it do it with how I accelerate. I have zero rasp at high RPM or at WOT. You would never hear the rasp during normal driving or cruising. Also there is zero drone. Given what you have for exhaust I would say a lot of it is coming from your axle backs. Also the pro with the X pipe is they will make a little more power over an H.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Got it I'm kind of leaning towards the axel backs

Thanks again for the info everyone sorry to beat a dead horse

V8Flexin

Established Member
I pretty much did the same setup but with flowmaster glass packs and hate the rasp at WOT with the top down. Looking to swap on corsa extreme's or active setup of x-force varex mufflers.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
X-pipes do not make rasp. I have an X on this car and had an H on my last. Exact same mufflers. No rasp, just diffeeent tone. It's a personal preference.

Joewee500

Established Member
IMG_4500.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG
If you don't like the rasp then have some resonators welded in. I had some shorter ones and just swapped to these that are 3" longer. Rasp is cut down significantly. Headers, xpipe Aero resos, Aero 3040i mufflers.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
So for magnaflows what model of them? Also what about another muffler that is like is such as MBRP or another brand but a true muffler?

reeve_ryan

Established Member
Originally had dynatech longtubes, off road x-pipe, dynomax race bullets, and KR mufflers. I personally liked the sound at wot but no one else did. Lol
Current: cut out bullets and went with magnaflow's street mufflers and love the new deeper/cleaner sound. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread