Yet Another Drag Radial/ Wheel Hop Question

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
These are some DR questions for the very knowledgeable who frequent this board. My baby, as it says is a 99 E.Green Cobra. It lives a semi-retired life for the past 2 1/2 yrs, right now it's hibernating under its blanket in the garage. I now average about 1000 mi /year, total is 37000 mi. The present and future for the car is shows but I've dabbled in time trials and this past fall at E-town did my first competition, Trophy Marathon and I'd like to play a little at the track next season.
Curent Mods: Nitto 555, Bassani cat backs, Pro 5.0 shifter, , all synthetics, Steeda pulleys, KB sub frame conn., KB IRS brace and Ford Fix. Current dyno 298.8 rwh, 301.0 rwt. Best mph 104.5, best et 14.05 (I know traction).
I plan this winter, KB IRS bushings and chip and tune. Finally the DR question, Im thinking of DR's Nitto 555R (275) all the time, never plan on being in rain. And with the DR's on can they be heated dry instead of wet. Will the sticky tires and IRS bushings plant me without hop or will I be planted so well I'll leave parts.
Thanks for the time, comments and opinions appreciated.:D

Last edited:

bouncer18

Established Member
it depends.. i have springs w, nittos (same 275's) i put down 300 HP and 300TQ... i launched at 4000-6000 rpm, never had a problem with wheel hop at all.. just tire spin here and there...

One time i had wheel hop and it ended the day.. it may help, it may not... its just a risk.. ive got videos of 03's running low 10s w/ stock IRS.. its based on how hard you launch...

to heat them roll thru the water ontot he dry, then spin them a good 10 seconds..

I liked my Nittos, i am gonna do them again this year..

Oh, and 14's??? you got a full second there.. we got almost the same power and im running un-consistant 12.80s / consistant 13.0's

Users who are viewing this thread