Yet another bent/twisted 26 spline input shaft

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Gotta thank Kevin for helping me out and letting me use his lift. :bowdown: :rockon: :beer:

What I and everyone else thought was a warped PP or flywheel turned out to be a bent/twisted input shaft! It was in the back of my mind that it could be a bent shaft, but I thought I would have more noticable issues like noise or rattling coming from the tranny which I did not. Clutch actually did not look too bad. We still put in the Spec 3+ just for the hell of it since I had it in hand. Gotta take the tranny to Liberty's to see what they say now... Anyways video below.

Bent/Twisted Input Shaft Vid

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Yikes...I'm still rockin' the stock input shaft (for now). Hopefully it holds
out for a little while longer.

Where there any noticeable sounds or driving issues that tipped you off to the problem?

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
unit213 said:
Yikes...I'm still rockin' the stock input shaft (for now). Hopefully it holds
out for a little while longer.

Where there any noticeable sounds or driving issues that tipped you off to the problem?

An ungodly vibration in the clutch pedal was the only thing. I talked to quite a few people and the consensus was warped PP or flywheel. I thought it was the clutch also because when my stocker went out the clutch pedal was vibrating, but not nearly as bad.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
An ungodly vibration in the clutch pedal was the only thing. I talked to quite a few people and the consensus was warped PP or flywheel. I thought it was the clutch also because when my stocker went out the clutch pedal was vibrating, but not nearly as bad.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to remember then when (not if)
I twist or warp my input shaft.

I wonder if you have any damage to the T-56? I hope not.

T.Bone

Established Member
That sucks! I am surprised that the drive line had no vibrations at all, The car felt smooth during Woodward last weekend.

Jpjr

Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
Gotta thank Kevin for helping me out and letting me use his lift. :bowdown: :rockon: :beer:

What I and everyone else thought was a warped PP or flywheel turned out to be a bent/twisted input shaft! It was in the back of my mind that it could be a bent shaft, but I thought I would have more noticable issues like noise or rattling coming from the tranny which I did not. Clutch actually did not look too bad. We still put in the Spec 3+ just for the hell of it since I had it in hand. Gotta take the tranny to Liberty's to see what they say now... Anyways video below.

Bent/Twisted Input Shaft Vid

So is the consensus that the shaft buckled or it was not installed properly? I hadn't heard about these things snapping like twigs (cough...aftermarket axle provider...cough), but I guess that sooner or later nothing will surprise you.

Sorry to hear, hopefully you don't have the same probs again since I presume you are throwing in the same shaft.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
Jpjr said:
So is the consensus that the shaft buckled or it was not installed properly? I hadn't heard about these things snapping like twigs (cough...aftermarket axle provider...cough), but I guess that sooner or later nothing will surprise you.

Sorry to hear, hopefully you don't have the same probs again since I presume you are throwing in the same shaft.

It was installed by Liberty's so I am hoping it was installed right...haha. I have to put something back in so we shall see what Liberty's says about this.

Termin8orFox

Sideways in 3rd.....at 70
Established Member
Ouch. Does D&D make or carry anything beefier? I ask because I dont really know and have a C-4 in my car......

James

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Hopefully Liberty's will get you're input shaft installed this week. I want to see how the Spec clutch works out. It looks like it's gonna grab like a mofo.

Users who are viewing this thread