yet again...another question

EVO-lution

Established Member
alright i put my car on the lift at work today and noticed i had Tokico's on the car. they're not the best ones but was wondering if they'd be able to handle a low drop(more than 1.5"). i already know about the rest of the suspenions needed. just wondering if my stockers would handle it.

Also...do MACH 1's sound different from GT stangs. for some reason i hear different exhausts on GT's and MACh's and a couple of the combom's sounded similar :shrug:

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
Well all stangs will sound somewhat simllar but not exactly the same cause Machs are DOHC 32V. And yes the stock shocks and struts can handle it. I have the H&RSS springs on my car and havent had any problems yet. I know ima need new all around shocks and struts but mine have been on for about a year and a half and are cool.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I would not lower the car over 1.5". IMO, that's rediculous. Not only for handling but performance.

As for the exhaust, there are so many different options out there, it's hard to say. STOCK though, the exhaust on the two are different.

EVO-lution

Established Member
I would not lower the car over 1.5". IMO, that's rediculous. Not only for handling but performance.

As for the exhaust, there are so many different options out there, it's hard to say. STOCK though, the exhaust on the two are different.

well i wanted a lower drop than what my cobra had. I had a 1.5" drop and there was STILL a huge gap between the wheels. i like a nice clean drop with very minimal gap. this car although does look a bit lower than a stock height unless ford somewaht corrected it with these cars

4.6stanger

Established Member
Do some coilovers. Anything over 1.5 will look good, BUT will hurt your 60fts if you plan on dragracinig. Since springs that low are so STIFF.

EVO-lution

Established Member
^^^^....I never been to the track but at the same time i would love to get coil over's. I may do that instead. A set of MM coilovers will do just fine i presume :thumbsup:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
well i wanted a lower drop than what my cobra had. I had a 1.5" drop and there was STILL a huge gap between the wheels. i like a nice clean drop with very minimal gap. this car although does look a bit lower than a stock height unless ford somewaht corrected it with these cars
IIRC 99/01 Cobra's had a higher ride height. H and R or Steeda SS are ideal IMO. They lower then approx. .5-1". I prefer the H and R's myself.

Mach's are lower than 99-04 GT's and I believe the Cobra's had the same ride height as GTs..diff Susp. but same height, no?

EVO-lution

Established Member
IIRC 99/01 Cobra's had a higher ride height. H and R or Steeda SS are ideal IMO. They lower then approx. .5-1". I prefer the H and R's myself.

Mach's are lower than 99-04 GT's and I believe the Cobra's had the same ride height as GTs..diff Susp. but same height, no?

yea the cobra's did ride REEEEAAALLLYY high. i did notice the mach 1's rode a bit lower. but i really don't wanmt to buy a spring that only lowers it 1.5" i want a lower ride height. i don't track the car so im not worried about 60ft's

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
yea the cobra's did ride REEEEAAALLLYY high. i did notice the mach 1's rode a bit lower. but i really don't wanmt to buy a spring that only lowers it 1.5" i want a lower ride height. i don't track the car so im not worried about 60ft's

99/01 Cobra's come stock with the standard 4X4 mustang look
03/04 Mach 1's come with a nice .75" drop stock

The 1.5" drop really = .75" drop on your Mach 1 since it came lowered a little bit already from Ford.

I was so happy to put Mach 1 springs on to get rid of my 4X4 look.

Check this out
http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?itemid=74

Hope that helps:beer:

STG

Banned

More than 1.5"??? Get a '64 Impala and cruise wth the homies from Whittier!

I've got MM full length welded sub frame connectors and H&R SS springs. I wouldn't go a millimeter lower unless I wanted to drive at a maximum of 25MPH on the street.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

I've got MM full length welded sub frame connectors and H&R SS springs. I wouldn't go a millimeter lower unless I wanted to drive at a maximum of 25MPH on the street.

+1 Stan.

EVO - I think you'll be very disappointed in the ride quality if you go that low. In fact, IDK if anyone offers a spring that goes that low because of hte machs already lower ride height.

EVO-lution

Established Member
yea figured. I just don't want to make another mistake like i did with my cobra. I want a low stance.(must be from my import roots:shrug:)

EVO-lution

Established Member

forgot to ask...STG, are those 18's u got?

BM1

Established Member
I have H&R SS springs on mine, and it still isn't low enough. Another guy in town has Eibach Sportlines on his Mach, and those make the car sit much lower. I'm probably switching to those over winter.

Last edited:

STG

Banned
I have H&R SS springs on mine, and it still isn't low enough. Another guy in town has Eibach Sportlines on his Mach, and those make the car sit much lower. I'm probably switching to those over winter.

Must be damn slooow!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
HRSS with the iso's taking out. Best looking stance out there!

I had the hr ss's, but I also had 18" so it looked real good, IMO.

Here:

rightrear.jpg

The front looks a tad 'odd' but that is because I had the wheel turned outword (to the left), so it made a 'false' appearance of a gap.
MachRightside.jpg

Rear.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread