yes sir it feels good...

blwn306

Established Member
Hey guys thought I would post my Improvement here...well guess to kinda make a long story short back in august of 08 I was a nice big fat ass, 5'2 285. I knew I had a problem when at work I couldnt finish a sentence without loosing my breath, had a weird chest pains off and on, and was just plain lazy. I didnt want to do anything...Well I went to a Dr for a check-up. Dr says hey your diabetic, and have hypertension. Im thinking wtf!!! Prescribed me Hb pressure pills, diabetic pills, and I had to check my sugars 3 times a day...Well did that for about a week, felt like crap, the medicine made me sick everyday. Then I hit a wall, got really depressed (for like a day) and decided this was no way for me to live, Im 23 and I can change this. So I stop taking my meds (still monitored my sugars) and started being more active. Really couldnt work out at the gym cause I feared it may be too much stress on my heart. So I just walked everywhere I went (like take the stairs), cut the yard, little stuff. I went on a strict diet, no soda, fatty foods, anything fried, just greens and boiled chicken, and such. And I started drinking that health drink Mona-vie (taste kinda funny)..

So in doing that Jan of 09 I weigh 238, still fat but feel a whole lot better!!! went back to the Dr. had blood work done and Im fine. Blood pressure came back down to normal, my sugars are fine never gone up over 100..And Now Im hitting the weights hard and fast!!!...And just made the cut for our semi-pro football team..Its weird how things can change..Ive always been fit, and healthy just that last two years all I did was work, and sleep...I went from buff and sexy to fat and dieing in two years...I have some random pics ill post up later...I never did keep track, but people around said I should've only cause my improvement was dramatic...haha oh yeah sorry for the long story short..ahaha

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hey guys thought I would post my Improvement here...well guess to kinda make a long story short back in august of 08 I was a nice big fat ass, 5'2 285. I knew I had a problem when at work I couldnt finish a sentence without loosing my breath, had a weird chest pains off and on, and was just plain lazy. I didnt want to do anything...Well I went to a Dr for a check-up. Dr says hey your diabetic, and have hypertension. Im thinking wtf!!! Prescribed me Hb pressure pills, diabetic pills, and I had to check my sugars 3 times a day...Well did that for about a week, felt like crap, the medicine made me sick everyday. Then I hit a wall, got really depressed (for like a day) and decided this was no way for me to live, Im 23 and I can change this. So I stop taking my meds (still monitored my sugars) and started being more active. Really couldnt work out at the gym cause I feared it may be too much stress on my heart. So I just walked everywhere I went (like take the stairs), cut the yard, little stuff. I went on a strict diet, no soda, fatty foods, anything fried, just greens and boiled chicken, and such. And I started drinking that health drink Mona-vie (taste kinda funny)..

So in doing that Jan of 09 I weigh 238, still fat but feel a whole lot better!!! went back to the Dr. had blood work done and Im fine. Blood pressure came back down to normal, my sugars are fine never gone up over 100..And Now Im hitting the weights hard and fast!!!...And just made the cut for our semi-pro football team..Its weird how things can change..Ive always been fit, and healthy just that last two years all I did was work, and sleep...I went from buff and sexy to fat and dieing in two years...I have some random pics ill post up later...I never did keep track, but people around said I should've only cause my improvement was dramatic...haha oh yeah sorry for the long story short..ahaha

Awesome to hear man, but definitely keep it up and see where you can take this! It's always good to hear success stories like this. The only difference between you and the other people in your situation is you wanted it more and did everything in your power to chance, which can definitely be tough at time. Congrats! :beer:

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
man Im 5'11 and weigh in at roughly 280-290 and need to start excersising again. After I got outta the Army I really let myself go. Its a crappy feeling.

blwn306

Established Member
haha yeah I get that alot..but im make a pretty good FB...my height actually gives me alot of advantages on the field. And its not like im facing lbs of the likes of urlacher, or ray lewis...on another note loosing that weight ive been able to get some of my speed back, and I dont get tired much these days...once hitting the weights I think Ill be happy anywhere between 195-205 healthy weight...

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
I am 55 and had pretty much the same tale to tell. check out nutrisystem men's diabetic plan. I went from 224 to 178 in one month on that. Two years later, I am stil about 185. I was only on the nutrisystem stuff for 6 weeks. Buy 1 month get two weeks free. I didn't even finish the free 2 week supply.

Also, Metforin helps you lose weight as it keeps your body from storing the extra carbs.

Congrats, you are you and should be able to live a normal life now.

:rockon:

PS - my car is faster now with less driver weight!

Last edited:

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
man Im 5'11 and weigh in at roughly 280-290 and need to start excersising again. After I got outta the Army I really let myself go. Its a crappy feeling.

I hear you on that one, in the army i was roughly 215-225 depending on the week. no im around 290. i need to get back in the game. i have a wedding in 10 months.

OP GREAT JOB. Congrats on your success. keep up the good work

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Great job...keep it up.

Jeez you guys, how the hell did the rest of you get so fat? I'm feeling bad about myself right now b/c I don't have time to do anything. Can't run, there's a foot of snow on the ground and its ten degrees, I work full-time, taking classes towards my PhD, and we have a 6 month old daughter. I am 6' and weigh 185 and I'm feeling bad about myself...I'd look like a toddler next to most of you. Good grief!

Users who are viewing this thread