Yes it is an import but...

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
gay...I'll take my gas eatin V8 over that any day.fast or not thats still gay

It's not gay. A 12 sec electric car is a step in the right direction for electric powered vehicles. Sure, you don't have the sound or drama in an electric car that you get in a gas powered car, but at least they are making progress with the power and speed.

Believe me, I'd take a fire breathing V8 over that hideous datsun shelled electric car, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it 'gay.'

milleniumgt

Established Member
I think that is freakin nuts... I like the gas powered cars as well... These cars are making progress. And instant torque... that's wild. Saw a vid on SPEED about an electric powered Shelby Cobra clone that made 300 rwhp, and 1000 lb.-ft. of torque. It ran 0-60 and 1/4 mile quicker than the AC Cobra with a 427. I don't care if it's weird or looks like shit(which the datsun does), you have too respect it. Mid 11s is nothing to laugh at. I'd like to see it's 1/8 mile times!!!

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks for shedding some light on the finer points of electric cars guys....

With that said. They're gayer then a sack of dicks.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Electric motors will never excite me, but a hydrogen fuel cell car would be welcome as a daily driver, provided I can keep my gas guzzlers for the weekend.

92z28

Established Member
A step in the right direction. Now they need to perfect the technology and get rid of the wheels entirely, dare I say hoover cars?

ttk53

Established Member
man charge for 20 min after 12 sec pass. wonder how dirty coal had to be burned to charge it!

The AntiRice

Established Member

Thanks for shedding some light on the finer points of electric cars guys....

With that said. They're gayer then a sack of dicks.

EXACTLY!!!!

the last thing i want in my muscle car is the sound of electric motors buzzing away. i love my obnoxiously loud exhaust and all the other sounds of my gas guzzling V8 that make me paranoid about something being wrong with my motor. i really hope they keep working on this technology so theres more gas for me to burn. i dont care if one of these things can smoke my car, mine still sounds cooler.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
man charge for 20 min after 12 sec pass. wonder how dirty coal had to be burned to charge it!

thats the way i think about electric cars that need a charge...why is electric so much better when u go home and burn all the coal to charge it??

none the less...i would much rather have a gas engine any day, but if this is where technology is going, then at least we know we can still go fast!

Users who are viewing this thread