yes i admit.... i h.ave a spuddering problem

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
when im just cruising my L wants to spit and sputter at low rpm. ive only had the truck 2 months and have had a few bugs to work out. the cats were stopped up, i ut em off and ran true duals. had the plugs changed but no sure what they were gapped at. i have a cai and a 4lber. what should the gap be? could this be my problem? if not im open to suggestions.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
-00SVT- said:
when im just cruising my L wants to spit and sputter at low rpm. ive only had the truck 2 months and have had a few bugs to work out. the cats were stopped up, i ut em off and ran true duals. had the plugs changed but no sure what they were gapped at. i have a cai and a 4lber. what should the gap be? could this be my problem? if not im open to suggestions.

.038 on my with a 4#

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Same Here.

is it .36? dammit, i have been running my ported 6# combo on .38. Am i on borrowed time? :lol:

Also too last dyno was at 13.9-14.1 A/f - not sure if the wideband was right as this was an ATS tune and i doubt rick tuned it that lean. :eek: Have not had a problem at all with her so far in the past 4 weeks since i swapped the pulley though. I installed a boost gauge too and yesterday I saw 16# at 70* temperatures. :eek:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Snakestress said:
is it .36? dammit, i have been running my ported 6# combo on .38. Am i on borrowed time? :lol:

Also too last dyno was at 13.9-14.1 A/f - not sure if the wideband was right as this was an ATS tune and i doubt rick tuned it that lean. :eek: Have not had a problem at all with her so far in the past 4 weeks since i swapped the pulley though. I installed a boost gauge too and yesterday I saw 16# at 70* temperatures. :eek:

.34-.38 is about the range you want to be in. I had TR6s gapped at .38 for a while with no problems... Just changed to .36 on my BR7s, and she runs great. (430rwhp/564rwtq @12.2:1 A/F)
If i were you, i would REALLY get that A/F fixed NOW!!! Thats way to lean to be safe... Unless your N/A.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
I know. I have been so busy that I have not gotten a chance to email Rick my dyno data. I need to sit down and do that today before i go BOOM! Especially since its so cold and I cant keep my foot off the gas pedal :-D

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
fuel filter is fresh thats the first thing i changed. im going to check the plugs and seewhat im working with. but i did go with the tr6's just need to check the gap. any other things i could be over looking?

Users who are viewing this thread