Yep... What belt size? (2.76, 2lb lower, BF snub/idlers)

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Hey guys... I searched around here to try and find the answer to my question, but didn't seem to get anywhere. I have looked on BF's site, and my combo doesn't have a size listed, and I can't seem to make much sense of the chart on Metco's site... So. What size belt (round-about) should I be running with my setup?

I am currently running a Gates K080745 with a BF 2.76" upper, 4 piece BF idler set with snub idler, and a 2lb Metco lower will be going on next. Any insight into what I need to run would be much appreciated. I looked under the hood today and the tensioner is a bit off of the center mark, to the right, towards the raised side. I'm not sure if I should check that when the car is running or not. It has sat since last night when I checked it today.

Thank you for the help.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Perfect, thank you! I never knew that Cobra Bob's site had the belt guide on there. Never even thought of it. :D

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Ok so it looks like the guide is just a little off, at least in my case.

With the Billetflow 4 piece idler set (snub idler with new design bracket), 2lb Metco lower and a BF 2.76" upper, a K080780 fits PERFECTLY. The K080785 was just a bit too long when looking at the tensioner marks. Now with the 78.0 belt, the idler is RIGHT in the middle where it should be. Which is odd since I have the new style bracket... Anywho. Just a heads up.

saleencobra

Established Member
not meaning to hijack ur thread just want to avoid a whole new thread if possible.

I have a whipple with 3.8 reichard pulley, stock lower, 4 BF idlers and a 3.2 alternator. Currently have a stock tensioner. i may get a different tensoner if that will allow me to run the same belt with a 3.5 whipple pulley as well cuz i have both.

I have no clue what belt would work with that combo.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I've got that exact setup...just don't have my hands on my belt size at the moment. If I recall correctly I think I ran into alot of belt slip with the 78" belt and ended up with a 77.5" belt.

Users who are viewing this thread