Yellowing Stainless Steel

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
its caused by heat usually ive seen stuff for motorcycles called never blue or something like that, try that

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Is it raw or polished stainless?

IF it is raw schedule tubing; pick up a can of Cameo from the grocery store and a green Scotch Brite.

Here is a representation of what it can clean up...

n7012008_34281042_9120.jpg

n7012008_34281043_9360.jpg

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
mblgjr,

I recognize that cat-back. That STEEDA/BORLA is the best system I have ever seen for our COBRA. I would not trade mine for anything... ! :rockon:

:beer:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Kevin: You're right; it is. I bought it because I'm running Stingers/MRT H right now and wanted to be able to swap the muffler sections for something quieter. So far; the mood hasn't struck...:-D

ViciousJay

Established Member
i have polished stainless.. what can i use... ??? its an SLP II catback with 304 stainless... what stuff can i try... also i have build up in the tip that i want to make look like new... what can i do?? soak them over night in something???

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
VJay...

Get you a Mother's Powerball mini and the Mother's Mag/alum metal polishing paste. Then have at it...

If you have baked on crud on the tips; soak them with PB Blast or WD40 to soften it. PB generally turns/dissolves anything quite nicely. Once you get the big crud off, start polishing.

Users who are viewing this thread