Yellow car and black/brown specks on paint

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
What will get rid of these? Some will come off others seem to be stubborn. I only have 900 miles on the car after 5 months..and most of that from the past 2 weekends. They just seem to be stubborn..and while they don't show all the time..as soon as the sun light hits it right I see them..just looking for any suggestions!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah I have in the past and for the most part it works...the funny thing is you can't feel these spots but, they are there....I will try claybar again..thanks!

csumt76

Established Member
make sure to lube it up well, use soapy water or quick detailing spray. Stubborn spots will take some extra effort...

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
Those little brown/black things are called rail dust. My car has the same thing. If a car sits near train tracks for an extended period of time, tiny little rail shavings from the trains wheels will fly up and land on the paint, eventually burrowing itself in. A clay bar will take most of it out.

Juiced-03

Established Member
ya it's either rail dust/fallout or it could even be slinged tire dressing. Clay followed by a cleaner polish should do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread