Year Review of My 2011 5.0

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Well, today marks the day that I bought my car. I figured I'd give a little write up on how I liked it when I first picked it up, and how I do now. I still can't believe I've had it for a year, it seems like just yesterday I was on the final drive of my 2003 on the way to pick the car up!

I'll start off with when the car was stock, which lasted for about 2 weeks LOL.

So I picked the car up with 61k miles for, what I thought, was a hell of a price. I traded in my 2003 GT and although I loved that car, I'm glad I did it. Like I said, the car was bone stock. It was driven by a nurse that drove it all highway to and from work daily and I could definitely tell he did a good job of taking care of it, as it was really clean. The car is a premium, 3.73's, backup cam, blah blah blah. Only thing it was missing was Brembo brakes, and the damn heated seats. Pics on day 1:
20141103_185432 by Treyson M, on Flickr

With the old car:
20141103_181713 by Treyson M, on Flickr

First small detail that consisted of a wash, clay, wax, etc..
20141107_143454 by Treyson M, on Flickr

Well, I was gonna wait a month and leave it stock, but that lasted all of a week and I already made my first order for it. I had no willpower.
FB_IMG_14169578461327980 by Treyson M, on Flickr

I put them on a few days later and loved how it sounded. I was still waiting for my Lethal O/R X and SCT X4 with Lund tunes to show up.

Few pics I took with my DSLR:
Fogs by Treyson M, on Flickr

Well, I thought the car was pretty damn fast as it was because of the fact that I came from a 2v with an O/R X, catback and tune... I got the O/R X and tune on the car and holy shit. The car felt unreal to me. I was ecstatic with how the car felt power wise. With the added power, came a few things. Wheel hop was disgusting on this car and it just didn't handle like I wanted it to. So I made another order.

BMR Parts ft. Paxton by Treyson M, on Flickr
Paxton, my GSD, definitely approved as much as I did.

Got everything on a weekend after, and my God. I wish it would've been the first thing I did to the car.
20150328_141946 by Treyson M, on Flickr

Looked MUCH better:
5bro by Treyson M, on Flickr

Kona by Treyson M, on Flickr

I had some issues with the MT82 twice. I took it in for a 5th grind as well as whine which was replaced with a used transmission... It was gone for a month while waiting for them to make up their mind on wtf they wanted to do. I got the car back, as well as a few parts. Boss alacantara boot, and I also bought this cute little thing.
Boss MFin Manifold by Treyson M, on Flickr

I also finally got my tires mounted, on just the rears, and I put them on and looked like a jackass on opposite wheels/tires.
AMR rears by Treyson M, on Flickr

Literally, 4 days after getting the car back, I ****ed the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate up BADLY. Boss manifold did not agree with the stock clutch whatsoever.
MT82 Probs Número Dos by Treyson M, on Flickr

My clutch material was in pieces and I replaced it with an Exedy Mach 500 and Exedy flywheel. Wish I would've done that sooner as well. Took that POS spring out too. Broke the clutch in and went out and did my first launches and pulls with the new clutch and NT05r's and it was like I had just gotten it for the first time again. Basically the car hasn't changed since then. Besides the addition of the AirAid intake. Here is how it sits now:
Shocker by Treyson M, on Flickr

Set by Treyson M, on Flickr

50 Shades of Blue by Treyson M, on Flickr

I left some things out like my 20% tinted side and 30% windshield, but you get the gist. I really enjoy this car and it is for sure one of the most fun cars I've driven by far. I missed my 2v for a little, but this car is on a whole different level in a LOT of ways.

I've got some big plans for the car, as like I said, I don't plan on ever selling the thing. I've got the list made for the next big stuff happening to it and I can't wait to get everything done and on it. The car is wanting boost badly, or maybe it's just me LOL. This summer should be a fun, but expensive one.

The car now has 79k miles, and I can say that the 18k I have put on it, I have loved every bit of it. This car continues to surprise me every day one way or another.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
All BMR:
-Springs
-Adj. Panhard bar
-Lower control arms
-Control arm brackets

I believe that's all I have.

JumaadJ

Established Member
Oh so you are still on stock shocks/struts.. How is the ride quality with just bmr springs?

Users who are viewing this thread