Year 2000+ Supra?

ModsAway

Established Member
Now if I am not mistaken they stopped producing the Toyota Supra in what? 1999?

Someone at work today was telling me about a NEW supra, he means new with delivery miles type new buy it off the dealership lot type new...

Complete bs or what?

I spend an awful lot of time on this board and tried to convince him if a car like the Supra came back us Cobra guys would have mentioned it but I was willing to concede that of course I do not know everything and I would look into it.

So? should i tell him he's a dumbass tomorrow or can I look forward to seeing some new badass Supras?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
he mean the celica?
lol
that's discontinued for 05' too

No, not much excitement out of toyota these days - unless you call the solara a sports car

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well the supra did stop production in the... US ...in 98, there are a few 2000ish supras still in Japan, perhaps he was talking about a strict import?

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Maybe he's talking about their new hybrid car concept. That thing looks like it could be quick.

turbowhat

In Hibernation
Established Member
i think i read a car and driver article about a 500 HP supra in development. Limited production and costing about 100k

it was this months, last months, or the months before edition.
someone checkup on it.

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
i heard the new supra is rumored to have the V8 with a supercharger installed... but i dno
that wouldnt be toooo ricey

;-) ;-)

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Road and Track had some crappy drawings in their Ampersand a few months ago. other than that I haven't heard anything.

try a supra forum.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Their just testing the waters, if it gets hyped uped by the mags and people are screaming for it then they'll make it. But a $100K just seems to be out of range for most import guys. Thats why they get a civic for a couple of grand and put on the fart pipes. Not trying to flame them but thats the way I see it.

turbowhat

In Hibernation
Established Member
people would be willing to pay 100k for a 500 HP supra.

they pay for a 290 hp NSX right?

Users who are viewing this thread