Yeah

Black2003Vert

Caution.This snake bites
Established Member
Yeah, I think my Cobra is fu**** again. God damn piece of shit. Just had the motor built after blowing it. Now, I'm coming home, come to a stop, and wow, my oil pressure drops all the way down and comes back up. Does it again, so I hurry up and get it home. Put it in the garage, let it idle, and there it go's, down to nothing. I am so fu**** tired of this damn car. I think its time to say goodbye. I'm not waiting any more money on this crap.

fr03cobra

Established Member
woow., sorry to hear that. That could have been my cobra too. what is ur build date? Mine is sept.2002. Did you try to get a new tunner? I read ur earlier threads.

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Black2003Vert said:
Yeah, I think my Cobra is fu**** again. God damn piece of shit. Just had the motor built after blowing it. Now, I'm coming home, come to a stop, and wow, my oil pressure drops all the way down and comes back up. Does it again, so I hurry up and get it home. Put it in the garage, let it idle, and there it go's, down to nothing. I am so fu**** tired of this damn car. I think its time to say goodbye. I'm not waiting any more money on this crap.

I feel your pain!! I seem to have little things that creep up on my car, that turn into lots of money, time and aggrivation. I am about sick of mine as well. Just tired of spending the money that it takes to keep up a high HP car. Mine is up for sell as we speak.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
b4 u sell ure car, could it just be your oil pressure gauge shittin the bed, I know from several other ford vehicles, that the oil pressure gauges read incorrectly or do the same exact thing that ures did, but in reality it was just a faulty gauge.
A couple years ago, I recall having this happen to me on one of my 96 cougar, but it came back up instantaneiously, and it was just the gauge kickin on and off due to a bad connection. Until i fixed the connection, it would do this once in a great while

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Damn you need a really good mechanic/tuner to straighten that thing out for you!

Fuerza

Established Member
Dude take your car back the Murillo Motorsports and tell them to fix it. Something isn't right here. I've seen you post about your engine in other threads. :shrug:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
If its an oil pressure problem...and the motor was just built, the builder and tuner should stand by their work and fix it!

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I can understand your frustration. If you can try to take it back to whomever put the new motor in and have them diagnose the problem and fix it for you and you are back on the road because it could be something minor like a faulty gauge or connection that its not reading right.

Black2003Vert

Caution.This snake bites
Established Member
Yup, thats what I get for wanting a fast fu**** car. I'm not gonna lie. I love my car and I hardly ever drive it now, but, damn, give a brother a brake on the pocket book. I dont think its the gauge, because I noticed when I was bringing it home, the pressure was a lil bit lower than normal. Thats why I think it is the oil pump. As far as the motor, I did all the work with exception of assembling the short block.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
What should the oil pressure reading be??... I put to much oil in my car and I don't know if my pressure is off...

Fuerza

Established Member
Black2003Vert said:
Yup, thats what I get for wanting a fast fu**** car. I'm not gonna lie. I love my car and I hardly ever drive it now, but, damn, give a brother a brake on the pocket book. I dont think its the gauge, because I noticed when I was bringing it home, the pressure was a lil bit lower than normal. Thats why I think it is the oil pump. As far as the motor, I did all the work with exception of assembling the short block.

Did you ever figure out the knocking from your previous thread?

Black2003Vert

Caution.This snake bites
Established Member
Melted pistons. My car has always ran a lil more than half way on the gauge. Wednesday, I did notice it was a lil bit lower, like right in the middle. Than , later that night, is when it started dropping all the way down and coming back up. Today, I get a call from a friend of mine saying that his Cobra was doing the same thing. His is a 96 and has a lot more miles but damn.

Black2003Vert

Caution.This snake bites
Established Member
I'm not gonna lie, I would get on my car alot. This is one reason I wish I had more friends with Terminators that are well educated on these motors to tell me what to do and when.

Fuerza

Established Member
Did you ever get a compression and leakdown after the rebuild and break in period? What kind of oil pump are you using? Billet oil pump gears in it?

Black2003Vert

Caution.This snake bites
Established Member
Its the stock pump. I was thinking about bying the Melling oil pump, but, when I went to their web site it said that it had OEM specs. It was an upgrade for 2 valve motors.

Users who are viewing this thread