Yeah finally found one..and a question

NightKids

Established Member
Yes msrp 56k but it's an allocation to be built in december.. so is there any way to make that quicker?

What are yor recommendations?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You probably won't be able to get THAT one quicker. But if you're ok with that date you could always solidify it, keep looking and atleast you know you'll definately be getting one while continuing to look

spazpilot

Established Member
I would guess that by December they will be sitting on lots everywhere. Now, if you just want a base one I agree with Chris and just order it. Most of them will be fairly fully loaded with a 65K price tag.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I agree with spaz.

Dealers seem to be ordering these stuffed. Which makes sense as they make more money with more options.

I'll keep my 2 option car and like it :)

NightKids

Established Member
Thanks to both of you. For me grabber blue is a must have color..so this allocation is one guaranteed way to do it.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
I don't believe for a second the dealer knows it is a December build. We've been over this many times here, with info from a railway worker who speaks with the plant manager and has asked, no way dealers can know this. Scheduling is a complicated process. Some zone managers have become good guessers though. IMO, even guessing, Dec is way too far out to know.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I don't believe for a second the dealer knows it is a December build. We've been over this many times here, with info from a railway worker who speaks with the plant manager and has asked, no way dealers can know this. Scheduling is a complicated process. Some zone managers have become good guessers though. IMO, even guessing, Dec is way too far out to know.

If a dealer has an in. They know. I knew every single step of the way, and the dealer was right on with scheduling, vin, build, and eta, all within + or - 2 days

Figuring out how the cars are allocated and when they will be allocated is another story.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
Maybe these people with an "in" should tell the plant manager then how they figure out when the cars will be built.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Maybe these people with an "in" should tell the plant manager then how they figure out when the cars will be built.

Don't know how to respond to that, other than my experience was great and the dealer was correct every time, on every date. So I think it's possible for the dealer to estimate ETA. The only time mine was off was back in March, they said July Delivery. Which 2 weeks later they said late May delivery. Car was delivered 5-17.

Mind you- my dealer is tiny and sells very few mustangs. They do, however, have a great relationship with their rep, who apparently has a great relationship with whoever is in the know.

drmustang

Banned

Yes, Exactly. Sounds like more car salesman BS. An "in", indeed. Joe tells Bill who heard from Suzy when your car is going to be done, Really? Nonsense, just find a car that exists and is for sale and buy it. Bypass all the lies, half truths, and nauseating car salesman giberish.

scampismith

Crazy George
Established Member
I had crapy luck with my salesman, He has lied over and over to me. I have also had a good experience and a lot of help from another dealership owned by the same person.
My friend had an excellent experience with the dealership that he got his 2013 from.
Some are honest and some are not.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I had crapy luck with my salesman, He has lied over and over to me. I have also had a good experience and a lot of help from another dealership owned by the same person.
My friend had an excellent experience with the dealership that he got his 2013 from.
Some are honest and some are not.

Absolutely. Unfortunately the few bad ones give the good ones a bad name.

carguy19

Established Member
Sounds like a customer that offered invoice on a car that he couldnt buy for list price and hes mad at the dealer/salesman because he didnt get what he wanted... juvenille.

Dadz500

Established Member
Just like any business, there are good and there are bad. Same thing with individual experience. I may have a really great experience with a Dealer while someone else dealing with them doesn't. Much of it is on the Customer. Some Customers are just a PITA and no matter what will not be happy, regardless of how hard the Dealer tries. Not everyone can make everyone happy all of the time. The Customer is alway right rule doesn't apply 100% of the time.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You have dug through this forum and actually investigated my last 20 posts. Wow, that is seriously weird and creepy Dude. You need to get a life and just accept the fact that everyone does not think as you do and many do not like the retail car business. You have personally attacked me on numerous occaisions for no other reason than the fact that you don't agree with me. You don't like the fact that there are scores of threads on this and may other automotive forums that highlight the avaricious, unethical nature of car dealers. The retail automotive industry has earned its horrendous stereotype for good reason. Sorry Pal but that is reality, deal with it.

It's pretty simple, even the simple minded (removed by moderator) can do it. Press view profile, recent posts. It lists them all there. Not creepy- just simple.

It's very rare that anyone agrees with you or your posts. With me on the other hand, my track record speaks for itself.

You litterally only post about how car dealers are horrible etc. It may have been the case in the 80s and especially the 90s, but it's simply not the case anymore. Atleast- it's not as prevalent. But the same can be said for any business.

Let me ask this, have you ever not lied when you've been to a car dealer ship? Have you ever tried to withhold information from a car dealer? Have you ever tried to get one over on them? Have you ever done it in other business dealings? I'm sure the answer to all of these is that you have lied. Have withheld information, and have tried to get one over. So you're not so much better.

I assume you got screwed by a dealer once, maybe you had to pay 21% interest because you have horrible credit? Or maybe a dealer reneged on a deal, cause they were frankly a bad dealer. It doesn't make all of them bad. But you like to lump them all together. When it's simply not true.

Look- all you do is bitch about "scumbags" "lot lizards" "liars" etc., when there are lots of names for people like you, but you don't see anyone here calling you them.

I have not ever personally attacked you. In fact you're the one that got banned a few months back for personally attacking me. Ac427cobra said that you are on his "watch list" obviously, you're doing something wrong.

You follow my posts- and always have some comment. It's sad really like you have nothing better to do. And I of course, will defend myself.

How about this. You stop following my posts, and maybe actually contribute something to this forum, other than just bashing car dealers, and I'll stop coming right back at you.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
What really gets me- is you aren't even buying one of these cars- yet you love to come to this section of the forum and spread your "wisdom"

jonesd

Established Member
It's pretty simple, even the simple minded like your self can do it. Press view profile, recent posts. It lists them all there. Not creepy- just simple.

It's very rare that anyone agrees with you or your posts. With me on the other hand, my track record speaks for itself.

You litterally only post about how car dealers are horrible etc. It may have been the case in the 80s and especially the 90s, but it's simply not the case anymore. Atleast- it's not as prevalent. But the same can be said for any business.

Let me ask this, have you ever not lied when you've been to a car dealer ship? Have you ever tried to withhold information from a car dealer? Have you ever tried to get one over on them? Have you ever done it in other business dealings? I'm sure the answer to all of these is that you have lied. Have withheld information, and have tried to get one over. So you're not so much better.

I assume you got screwed by a dealer once, maybe you had to pay 21% interest because you have horrible credit? Or maybe a dealer reneged on a deal, cause they were frankly a bad dealer. It doesn't make all of them bad. But you like to lump them all together. When it's simply not true.

Look- all you do is bitch about "scumbags" "lot lizards" "liars" etc., when there are lots of names for people like you, but you don't see anyone here calling you them.

I have not ever personally attacked you. In fact you're the one that got banned a few months back for personally attacking me. Ac427cobra said that you are on his "watch list" obviously, you're doing something wrong.

You follow my posts- and always have some comment. It's sad really like you have nothing better to do. And I of course, will defend myself.

How about this. You stop following my posts, and maybe actually contribute something to this forum, other than just bashing car dealers, and I'll stop coming right back at you.

I agree with you :beer: ... There's a reason this dbag got a 2 week ban, must be svtsupersnakes brother :D

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I agree with you :beer: ... There's a reason this dbag got a 2 week ban, must be svtsupersnakes brother :D

Haha Svtsupersnake was just a misinformed idiot keyboard warrior teenager.

This dude just has a bad attitude and an axe to grind.

Thanks for agreeing! :)

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
It's pretty simple, even the simple minded like your self can do it. Press view profile, recent posts. It lists them all there. Not creepy- just simple.

Yeah, Chris my experience with him has been the same. He has all the answers but the only problem is he misunderstands most of the questions! He thinks he is the only one that knows how to buy a car.

Users who are viewing this thread