Yankees autographed baseball

kingcobra9450

Established Member
Im a student at virginia tech and the yankees came to play an exhibition game a couple weeks ago. Before the game I got a couple players autographs. I got Jeter, Giambi, shelly duncan, johnny Damon and some others, those are just the big names. Anyway I was just curious if you guys think it would be worth any money now or years down the line. I wouldnt ever think about selling it and of course it has no certificate but it is on a baseball with a VT logo. So what are your guys thoughts even if you hate the yankees.

Svt-Sonic

Established Member
I dont know man. At the end of the day how many tens of thousands of autographs have these guys signed? Maybe in 50 years, but it wont have a huge turnover today.

Just keep it forever, its pretty cool.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I see them go (depnding on who signed it) anywhere from $150-1500. Go on the yankees website, they have a whole section dedicated to it. I have an A.Rod signed bat and I'd love to find a cheap ball signed by Jeter.

The shelley ball you have is worth $60ish
Jeter is like $500ish
Johnny Damon is looking at $250
Giambi im not sure

Last edited:

kingcobra9450

Established Member
all the sigs are on the same ball so i dont know if that helps or hurts the value. Ill try to get pics up later this week if you guys are interested. Is there anywhere you can go to have someone look at the ball and get a certificate of authenticity?

THE_STIG

Established Member
all the sigs are on the same ball so i dont know if that helps or hurts the value. Ill try to get pics up later this week if you guys are interested. Is there anywhere you can go to have someone look at the ball and get a certificate of authenticity?

There are collector shops that can appraise the value of it, but you kinda do need proof or atleast someone that can match the signatures. If theya re all on the same ball, it can either help or hurt the value, in most cases it helps it. Sometimes though people will want a ball signed by only one person, other times it doesnt affect them.

Users who are viewing this thread