yank hood carpeting???

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
does yanking the hood carpeting actually do anything for you?? I have seen a few people who's sigs have it done......and info is greatly appreciated.....

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Hood carpeting am I missing something? :??:

Do you mean the hood liner or the trunk carpeting. I have removed both. The trunk carpeting and deadening does lower NVH a little so removing it does increase a little if you have the rear seats down. I haven't had any problem without the hood liner.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Leave it where it is. Opt for hood liner cutouts, which help dissipate compartment heat.

hwystr

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the hoodliner has a foil inside it to block high frequency electro-magnetic noise from the ignation system which will degrade AM reception if you remove it.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Originally posted by hwystr
I'm pretty sure the hoodliner has a foil inside it to block high frequency electro-magnetic noise from the ignation system which will degrade AM reception if you remove it.

This is true. The EMF is higher without the blanket. I completely removed it from my hood because it was getting pretty nasty looking and I was going to do the cutouts. I decided that since my hood was clear coated on the underside and had a nice sticker that said "Terminator" under the hood that I would leave it off. The sticker was partly painted over, located on the passenger side roughly in the area above the throttle body.

I have slightly worse AM reception, but still quite usable for the traffic reports. Did not effect FM reception, and the temp gauge is running a little lower (I thought this was an idiot gauge but I guess not).

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I'm doing the hood mod as we speak. I cut out the inserts to a size large enough for the water to drop through. It's Sunday night so I will probably try to pick up high temp black and gray paint tomorrow. I intend to paint the blanket black and paint the COBRA gray to match my DSG. I will post pics when I finish.

There are other previous threads and pics on this subject.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I think it's around $65. You don't want to get a new one every time you wash it or it rains, so people have removed it or cut it so the water doesn't run down the blanket. Do a search on the subject and you will get a lot of info. Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread